Thoughts on Social Software

Hi bloggers… Here’s an interesting item regarding social software arguing that search engine standout Google is tops in class (see Google Best Example of Social Software). It provides links to some interesting points such as this one: “Social software is political science in executable form.” That statement comes from this article, Social Software and the Politics of Groups. Also to pique your interest: “…designers of social software have more in common with economists or political scientists than they do with designers of single-user software, and operators of communal resources have more in common with politicians or landlords than with operators of ordinary web sites.”
You can sign up there for Clay Shirky’s “Networks, Economics, and Culture” mailing list. Let me know what you think about this guy.

As far as deciding how to use this blog, well, I guess it’s gonna happen naturally… organically. As a student of communications, I am interested in blogs as a communication medium and the blog’s impact on traditional media. I also work in marketing, and more specifically law marketing, and more specifically still e-marketing.

Share this post...Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on FacebookShare on Google+Email this to someone
Posted in New Media / Internet