I just gave a presentation on Introduction to Social Media for Attorney Marketing, and these are the recommended reading links I offered for further exploration (with brief notes on why I included each link). They are posted here for those who attended the presentation as well as those who did not. Click away…
• Where To Focus With Social Networking
September 22, 2009 – Excellent article just published this week that supports everything we talked about today
• Using the Web to Network, By Olivia Clarke, Chicago Lawyer
March 6, 2009 – Good exploration of the generational approaches to social media among lawyers
• Toot Your Own Horn: The Fine Art of Self Promotion
July 2009 – Contains a list of the types of things that are newsworthy for attorneys and fair game for promoting via firm news items, blog posts, Linked in status line updates, twitter tweets, etc.
• Networks for Counsel 2009 Study
August 2009 – Leader Networks conducted the second annual international study of lawyers use of social media, conducted on behalf of Martindale-Hubbell
• Twitter Explained (1 funny, 1 serious)
March 2009 – My blog post linking to a funny video from the Daily Show about Twitter and Social Media (meant for a laugh), and a more serious post from Carol Elefant: To Twitter or Not To Twitter? That Is the Question for Lawyers…
• Is Social Media a Fad?
August 2009 – A short film with the amazing statistics that tell the social media story (despite the drama and hyperbole) in promotion of the book, Socialnomics…
UPDATE: Can’t stop adding to this list! Here’s another good article…
… and more!
• Social Networking and the New Workplace – A more in-depth look at the risks and rewards of social media at work from a lawyer’s perspective.