Cut the Cookie Crap

What got me most excited to support Hillary Clinton in her 2000 Senate race was payback for the backlash she received in Bill’s 1992 campaign. She was castigated for allegedly disrespecting homemakers with this comment,

I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies and had teas, but what I decided to do was to fulfill my profession which I entered before my husband was in public life.

and then forced to quell the ensuing furor by participating in Family Circle magazine’s potential First Ladies’ bake-off. A cookie bake-off: are you kidding me? No, and sadly, the magazine’s readers have correctly predicted the results of the last four elections.

No surprise then that this year, two of the three recipes submitted so far turn out to be plagiarized. Just look at the contestants’ credentials: a former President, a multimillionaire heiress, and a self-made corporate lawyer. Does anyone really expect that they bake cookies, much less have a favorite recipe? Clearly no one was surprised that the lone man, Bill, swiped his recipe, which helps explain why Mrs. McCain is getting all the heat for her purloined cookies.

what century is this again?

Oh, and aren’t we having a national obesity epidemic? Cookie recipes?????

2 thoughts on “Cut the Cookie Crap