the big K

I’m not sure what to write about. There are so many big changes going on.

I could talk about this freshly minted six year old, just 6 days ago, and how much she is enjoying her seniority, being the oldest (though not tallest) in her daycare, and the one who knows the answers.  

I could talk about her first big party, her 6th birthday celebration, which was a huge success with her contemporaries.

I could talk about how she is taking charge of her medication, and how she manages all details and procedures.

I could talk about her new fascination with underwater experimentation, both in ponds and beaches as well as her own bathtub.

I could talk about her taking complete responsibility for Niri Pinky Ming and how she handles table clearing at all meals. She dresses herself and puts her dirty clothes in the appropriate place, and can fasten most snaps and zippers on her own.

But I should probably talk about the imminent start of kindergarten and of her new school, with uniforms, lunch programs, parent/teacher organizations and new friendly faces. 

She looks like she’s ready for the big K. I’m not sure I am, but she is. The big day is Sept 5th. Please wish her and us luck. 

1. stacy | August 29, 2006 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

Best of luck to you Rada and Molly! The big K is lots of fun from what I remember.

Molly, you’re making me realize how fast this all goes by. I remember vividly you spoon feeding Rada Yo-Baby yogurt in 9-253 a few years ago.

2. MITMary | August 30, 2006 at 9:00 am | Permalink

Good lucky and happy vibes gong your way! Be sure to share the photos from that first day of kindergarten! Yay!

3. Ayelet | September 5, 2006 at 6:55 am | Permalink

Wow. The morning came, my mom just left us and went back home, Niri is still sleeping and I don’t know how should I feel. I think I’m a mixture of curiosity, anxiety and fear. She is my first born, my big girl. Her baby spot has been taken by another that now goes to the same safe space that I value and appreciate so much and wished that she could stay so safe there.
    I know she’ll be fine. I’m not sure about myself. Even thought about getting her the kids’ cell phone, so she’ll know she can reach me at any time and place, and then decided to try and let go. I so envy you, you seem much more complete with that then I am.
    Good Luck Rada! We love you!
    Good Luck Molly! lets meet sometime to think about our lost childhood.
    Nah, let’s meet sometime to have fun.

4. Molly | September 6, 2006 at 8:19 am | Permalink

Ayelet, when was Niri’s first day? Has she started yet? I want to hear all about it.

Yes, lets get together soon. The girls can chit-chat and we can play!

5. Ayelet | September 6, 2006 at 7:56 pm | Permalink

tomorrow…