Lost and Found

My daughter has left school three times this winter without a mitten. Each time we have carefully retraced steps, rethought the traffic pattern, and each time we have found the mitten. They are a very snazzy set of mittens, carefully ordered from LandsEnd, and holding up well in sub-zero temperatures.

Last week my daughter lost her sneaker at Chuck E Cheese’s. It was located the next morning.

The next day, I lost my necklace in the athletic facility at work. Some one returned it to the front desk later that afternoon.

Today I left my glasses in a classroom. They were there when I went back 2 hours later.

I am feeling eerily lucky about all this but sense that at any moment it could change. I am trying not to lose anything else. This is easier said than done.

1. Mary | February 8, 2007 at 8:25 am | Permalink

I think it’s because our lives are just moving at far too fast a pace.

I lost a glove at Kohl’s last week but retraced my steps and foud it, too. I was at least figuring that I was glad I noticed one was missing while I was still IN Kohl’s where they could have been easily replaced, rather than after I’d gone through the register!