long time away

Its easy to get out of the habit of posting.

Being on vacation and in new surroundings made me forget this blog. While away, I occasionally visited the local wi-fi cafe on the main street of a very small town in upstate New York, but just wasn’t in the mood to write. I was too busy reading novels, taking naps, doing projects with my sister, swimming in the lake, working in the garden, and sleeping for hours on end. It was divine. I don’t think I’ve been that relaxed since before my daughter came into my life.

The pace was slower: there was lots of space and fewer people.

Rada had a wonderful week, too. She went to a small day camp nearby. The cabins for the camp were nestled under a canopy of trees on a wooded hillside on the shore of Lake Cayuga. The counselors were kind and fun. She went swimming, sang songs, painted prayer rocks, learned about the golden rule and the idea of a ‘higher power’, ate lots of cookies, and swung for hours on the swing from the huge oak tree in front of her cabin.

I’m back now, and I’ll be posting more. It seems like my vacation was years ago, and in a different universe. But the memory of it lingers like a shadow in the back of my mind, and I can still retrieve parts of it even here and now.

1. curtincall | July 20, 2007 at 7:09 am | Permalink

This sounds wonderful. Hopefully, I’ll be posting a similar post soon!