By Fatima Mirza
- Former President Bill Clinton, Dr. Jim Kim, Chelsea Clinton, Dr. Gro Brundtland were honored at a the Harvard School of Public Health’s medal ceremony. The school is celebrating its hundredth birthday this week.
- The most popular pharmacy drugs in the US will have stricter prescribing limits due to a policy reversal by the FDA. The measure is an attempt to curb drug abuse.
- Thousands of Americans have had their health plans canceled in recent weeks. Insurers say that the main reason is because the policies do not adhere to the standards set by the Affordable Care Act.
- The Obama Administration said it will take until November for the Federal exchanges site to be fully fixed. A private contracting firm will be managing the initiative.
- The Syrian government has mounted a campaign to vaccinate children in the country. The anti-polio effort comes as a response to a suspected outbreak.
- The FDA hopes to make pet food sold in the United States safer. A proposed rule would protect animals from disease-causing bacteria and other contaminants.