Downloads: Commerce Server UpmMembershipProvider and DotNetNuke

Slightly more than a year ago, I detailed the steps necessary to integrate Commerce Server 2007 — and specifically the UpmMembershipProvider membership subsystem — into the DotNetNuke web application framework.  This entry is located here: Using Commerce Server’s UpmMembershipProvider with DotNetNuke.

However, subsequent to my original posting detailing this approach, I experienced some IPR issues that required my removing the download links to the actual assembly and source code.  While the information in the entry itself was largely sufficient to recreate this adapter, it required a reasonably significant amount of expertise to do so.  As a result, I suspect that many were unable to utilize the material therein.

I am pleased to announce that I have reached resolution on the relevant IPR issues that precluded my releasing the associated code, and have re-enabled the download links in the original post.  For convenience, I am also including them below.

For those not familiar with this project, the introduction from the original entry reads:

“… [T]he UpmMembershipProvider membership provider, … is a part of Microsoft’s Commerce Server 2007 product, and is the only provider that offers interoperability with Commerce Server.  It replaces the older AuthManager functionality from Commerce Server 2002.  More importantly, it provides an implementation of the System.Web.Membership.MembershipProvider class, and may thus be used in any ASP.NET application that utilizes the standard membership system.  Read more about the UpmMembershipProvider inMicrosoft’s MSDN documentation.

DotNetNuke (DNN) is one such application that uses the ASP.NET membership system.  Because I’ve been working so much with it lately, I decided to investigate whether these two strangers might be successfully introduced — and indeed they can.  Google tells me that I am the only person to date who has successfully accomplished this task (not that surprising, given its relatively esoteric nature).

Attachments

B