Whitepaper: DotNetNuke Multi-Factor Authentication

I am pleased to make available a whitepaper detailing the high-level motivation and approach involved in the creation of the recently-released DotNetNuke Multi-Factor Authentication Provider, along with a discussion of the unique characteristics of a DotNetNuke installation that render the approaches of other vendors (e.g. RSA SecurID) incomplete or unsatisfactory. Additionally, each out-of-the-box factor is described in general detail in a format that is digestible by an audience of varying technical sophistication.

This paper is intended for all audiences who might have an interest in overall DotNetNuke installation security, and is designed to assist management in identifying an appropriate level of authentication-related risk.

1. miko

December 20, 2009 @ 10:33 am

1

Hi Brandon,
    thanks for share this.

I’m looking for a SSO-membership provider integration solution.
    I’m experimenting a CAS-server (ja-sig) Single Sign-On integration with ASP.Net Authentication system using ActiveDirectory Membership Provider.

Can this project help me?

2. DNN Corp Takes Over Snowcovered « 4 Certified Supply Chain Professionals

January 8, 2010 @ 1:35 pm

2

[…] a follow-up to his Multi-Factor Authentication Provider, Brandon Haynes publishes a whitepaper “detailing the high-level motivation and approach involved in the creation” of said […]

3. Brandon Haynes

May 15, 2010 @ 11:04 am

3

This provider allows for multi-factor authentication. If you are looking to authenticate against a single factor, it will not be directly useful. You will need a custom DotNetNuke authentication provider that performs this task. Fortunately, this is a quite straightforward task; Google should give you a number of examples. (Mitchel Sellers also has a free provider that might get you started.)

Hope this helps!

4. Germaine

June 30, 2010 @ 2:35 am

4

Hi Brandon, I am looking at your 2 factors authentication for my demo project. I have downloaded your project but I have some difficulties integrating your 2 factors login to my project. Could you guide me through how to integrate it?

Thanks!