Walking the brink…

As an update on my life, the Fall semester is almost over. It’s been a bumpy ride. I’ve contended with many differences, both with others and with myself, but I’ve managed to keep going. I’m fighting the good fight and trying to keep myself above board and strong but who knows what will happen. I’ve been all the way from alive and kicking to depressed and struggling. Sometimes I wish God would give me a little more encouragement. I feel like the world around me is just not in sync with my goals and my heart is hurting because well, I don’t know if I have the capabilities to be someone great. My mom said to keep pushing but hey, when you’re on the brink of failure what good does it do to keep pushing?

I came here three years ago with the intent on finishing my degree. I’m close to that goal. I want to succeed and make it but I guess I just need to roll up my sleeves and make it happen. Well, thanks for reading my blog. if anyone has any suggestions on how to keep motivated and happy please let me know.  Next semester I’m going to take:

1.) Contemporary Newsworthy Topics in the Sciences

2.) History and Ethics of Biotechnology

3.) Biology: Intro to Evolutionary and Developmental Biology

1. Ken Vedaa

January 1, 2009 @ 3:10 pm

1

Hang in there. I know that the course work can really through one for a loop at times. The fall term is almost over, and after a few days of rest the spting term will help take your mind off of your past woes.

Trust me there are easier ways in which to earn a degree, and although many employeers or people may never care that your took the route that you did, but you will. Once you are done, this will serve as yet another confirmation of your strength and determanation, and a reminder to yourself that you do have the perservence to reach the goals that you have set for yourself.

Ken

2. anonymous

April 1, 2009 @ 10:38 am

2

Nothing great can be achieved without faith in yourself, and a burning desire to succeed. Whatever your goals are, make sure they are clear and specific. I recommend you read “The Richest Man in Babylon” by George S. Clason. Also, you might want to try “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill. For me, these books have provided insightful words of wisdom and raw inspiration. Godspeed.

anonymous

p.s. wouldn’t waste time responding to groundless scrutiny.