I am currently hanging out in Currier D-hall, procrastinating and blogging in lieu of writing my Ethnography of Food research paper…which is due on Wednesday. (Whoops! Just passed in a p-set, though, so I need a bit of an academic break.) I was on retreat for my a cappella group, The Opportunes, this weekend, and had an incredible time in Walpole at one of our member’s house; we learned three new songs (one being a pop medley) as well as some spicy choreography, so our jam in the end of November should be a great show! This week is going to be relatively relaxing before next week takes over and I have about 5 hours of rehearsal a night (thus earning it the name of ‘Hell Week,’ although we all love singing and being among one another). Eek!
I’ve been a lot busier this semester with non-academic activities, and it’s taken me a while to realize that I really love doing my extracurriculars…more than my academics. Therefore I will be dropping out. Just kidding! I love being in such a vibrant community and mostly have to strike a better balance next semester. My goals, published for all the world to see, are as follows:
- Decide a concentration [major] that is just rigorous enough to push me [but not over the edge].
- Take awesome classes next semester, and get good marks!
- Work at The Harvard Crimson (our newspaper) again and have a sweeeeet time.
- Don’t tour-guide as much, as it really hurts my voice and I don’t want to endanger my vocal cords 🙁
- Train to be a FOP leader! (I am applying and would love to lead a bunch of first-years into the wilderness.)
- Hopefully be on the Speak Out Loud team again, as the competition is at Barnard College this year (and I was so close to going there). We will see after this weekend’s slam on Saturday night.
- Improve The Nostalgics website and send out the majority of our band on an incredible final semester.
- Have more time! (Hah, hah, hah.)
- The Election. I am already biting my nails. I cast my ballot today via overnight mail to Vermont, and will be up all night tomorrow; I am hoping to not be disappointed.
- The results of this week of Crimson delibs; will I be an executive again?
- What my paper will become!
- New sweatshirts for the Opportunes, which should arrive on Friday if all goes well 🙂
- Declaring my concentration officially.
Comments are now closed.