Halloween, Birthday and Anniversaries!

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Frosty, happy birthday to you!

Yes, it’s two years ago today that the hubby found the little man living in what was then a building under construction and brought him home to live the life of leisure. It doesn’t seem possible and he has not slowed down one bit. Although, he was “napping” when I left the house this morning but I think that’s just cause he wants to be well rested for his birthday party tonight! Brian’s lost it when it comes to this cat – he told anyone that would listen yesterday that we’d be having cake and ice cream for “Big Ears” this evening and that all were welcome!

Today, of course, is also Halloween! You may recall that when we first got Frosty, he wasn’t Frosty at all, but he was Casper. Being all white and being found on Halloween, at first we thought that appropriate. We actually didn’t have much time to come up with a name since I brought him to the vet to be checked out the first day we got him so we had to come up with something fast. After the vet vist (when we learned that no, we weren’t the proud parents of a baby girl, but that that little furball is actually a bouncing baby boy) we decided to go with Frosty. We find that even more fitting as the all white thing still works but also the fact that the aforementioned building under construction was a Wendy’s restaurant, it just seemed more appropriate!

This year also made me aware of how many personal anniversaries we have this time of year. Hubby was at his job 15 years about two weeks ago and I had my 5 year work anniversary last weekend. It was 25 years ago (yes, 25! Ouch!) this weekend that hubby and I met on a blind date (at a haunted house, no less – we figure we’re both still haunted and blind!). We’ll be celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary next week (yes, I am too young to be married for 18 years – he robbed the cradle 🙂

Yesterday, I got to experience some of the Halloween motorcycle run for the first time. This was not by choice. I just wanted to check out a couple of new stores in Revere and I timed it just wrong! I sat for about 45 minutes watching/hearing Harley after Harley after Harley pass by. I have never seen so many motorcycles in my life! It’s all for a good cause, though, so it was worth sitting through. Details are at http://www.lets-ride.com/event/massachusetts.htm.

A happy and safe Halloween to all you ghosts and goblins!

Published in:CurtinCallStories |on October 31st, 2005 |1 Comment »

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

One Response to “Halloween, Birthday and Anniversaries!”

1. Motorcycle Tour Says:

Locating the right motorcycle shipping and transport company will depend on numerous factors. The business should have their equipment custom made to transport your motorcycle at the safest and secure way. Furthermore, i believe trailers should come equipped with e-tracking too.