Here I am!

You’re probably asking yourself – where the heck has she gone???  I haven’t gone anywhere.  Harvard, who is kind enough to host my blog, has changed servers and I finally began the process of changing over.  After my first attempt, some information was missing and I had a note out to them about getting that resolved so I didn’t dare to change anything.  They’ve wiped the slate clean and I have to import everything over again but I figured I’d throw in a quick update before doing that.

I’m glad to report that I do have happy news!  Eight days after Sneakers went missing, my neighbor stopped over to see if she’d come home.  Unfortunately, she had not (although I knew in my heart that she was gone).  She then asked how Frosty was doing.  I told her that he misses her really bad and was in fact, chasing his own shadow around the kitchen floor!  So I mentioned that I definitely had to go to the Humane Society for another.  That’s when she informed me that another neighbor had kittens that they were looking for homes for.  So I stopped over the next night and sure as heck – they had one left.  Frosty has a new friend!!!  We call her (we think) Shadow as she is all gray with just one teeny white spot on her chest.

What do I mean by “we think”?  Frosty and Shadow are getting along splendidly!  However, she’s not so keen on the human aspect in the house and if you try to go near her, she runs!  I’ve never seen anything like it!  She has come a long way, though, and as long as you do it on her terms, you can get closer to her and that seems to be getting better and better as time passes.  In fact, this morning, she managed to figure out that I was in bed and she crawled her way up.  Being a bit disoriented in this new elevated state, I was able to hold her with one hand and pat her with the other and that lasted for close to a minute!  She was purring like crazy the whole time which makes me think that she’s not running because she’s afraid or doesn’t like us but because she wants us to chase her cause she thinks that’s playing!  Soooo cute!

Other good news – I took a ride up to my brother’s house on Sunday and met my newest nephew!  He’s a really cute kid and him and my sister’s daughter who is the same age are hitting it off really well!  It seemed very strange hearing my brother called “dad” (he asked if he could call them mom and dad) but it sure is a good feeling and I think it will do my brother a world of  good to have the little guy around!

I am on countdown, too!  Just 8 more working days and I’m on vacation!  I’m really looking forward to some time off and we’ll be heading north to Maine for a portion of it.  Can’t wait!

Published in:CurtinCallStories |on July 25th, 2006 |Comments Off on Here I am!

Both comments and pings are currently closed.