Christmas

It’s sad to say but I must say it – “Boy, am I glad that’s over!”  Christmas was very strange for me this year.  My brother, who has the foster boy that they’re hoping to adopt, refused to go anywhere on Christmas, this being their first year with the child they’ve always wanted in their home.  I can’t say I blame them.

My sister, who has 3 daughters (18, 16 and 7) refused to leave their house this year as they did last year. 

These two siblings live within one mile of each other and neither of them would budge 1/8 of an inch so that we could all be together to open our gifts with our parents like we’ve done every other year of my life.

Since I was invited to my brothers but never heard from my sister, we drove the 40 or so miles to his house to exchange gifts and then we went home and had friends over.

Yet, in all of this, I ended up the bad guy?!?!?!    I just don’t get it.

Published in:CurtinCallStories |on December 28th, 2006 |3 Comments »

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

3 Responses to “Christmas”

1. Molly Says:

Families. Its a no-win situation. If you got through the holidays without starting a feud, you can consider it a success, in my opinion. You’re the best!

2. daisy Says:

I agree with Molly. Happy New Year.

3. neybursguy Says:

I think that Christmastime is to be celebrated if we work hard to remember the true meaning!!