Done

Ahhhhh… I can breathe again! We signed the purchase and sales on both houses last night. I can not begin to explain what a relief that is! The truth is that everything happened right on schedule but I guess I’m just not a very patient person because I had really hoped that things would go ahead of schedule. It’s okay, though. It’s done. I’m relieved.

I failed to mention through all of this that, in addition to selling and buying a home, I was dealing with moving our new group into our digs over here in Tech Square. It was only 11 people but it included coordinating the furniture people who were reconfiguring the space, the IS&T people moving wires, the moving people bringing in crates then doing the actual move, etc. That all happened over the past two days and that, too, is done. Well, sort of. Now it’s the “I need this” and “I don’t like that” garbage that I get to listen to.

Did I mention that I’m on vacation next week? No? Silly me. I can not tell you how much I am looking forward to this vacation. I am mentally exhausted. Two “moves” in one week? Uh uh. No one should have to do that. I will sleep tomorrow. Late. Then I will pack and then I will venture up to Maine for some much needed r&r.

Life is good. I am very happy! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Published in:Uncategorized |on July 20th, 2007 |7 Comments »

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

7 Responses to “Done”

1. daisy Says:

Enjoy your vacation!

2. Stacy Says:

Congratulations! Perfect timing for a vacation. When is the closing?

3. Ben Says:

That’s great news. The process of selling and buying at the same time is so complex, it’s a wonder that usually works at all! It’s like trying to drive two cars at the same time.

4. Jan Says:

Congrats! Enjoy your vacations! 😉

5. selling closing Says:

Your post gave me some things to think about. I will definitely be back.

6. selling closing Says:

Great post, you provide very valuable information here that many will benefit from.

7. selling closing Says:

I like your article very much, thanks a lot!