Friday

I’m really, really glad its Friday. I’ve had a very difficult week. My brother was in an accident on Tuesday and was brought to the trauma intensive care unit at Beth Israel Hospital from NH. He broke two bones in his neck but someone was watching over him because they did not sever his spinal cord and he is miraculously not paralyzed. He will be in a neck brace for anywhere from 6 – 12 weeks. He had 8 hours of plastic surgery on his face as they believe he wiped out the rear view mirror with it and he tore his eye lid and nose back (okay, I’ll stop. It really is nasty.) He also has two broken bones in his nose which will need to be operated on at a later date and they discovered yesterday that he has a fracture in his ankle (because of the trauma he suffered, the doctor said that additional injuries could show up as they begin to get his pain under control).

The last report I had last night was that they were (hopefully, they said this the night before, too) going to move him out of intensive care. My poor parents were on a (much needed/deserved) free 7 day cruise and we finally called them yesterday morning when we had a better idea of what was going on and they immediately got a flight back and were to arrive in Boston last night. I’m glad that they at least had 4 days to enjoy themselves before getting this sort of news.

On an up note – I was having a real tough morning (I think it all caught up to me yesterday afternoon – I saw a fender-bender on the highway on my way home and started crying) so I decided to give those darn scratch tickets another shot. I bought 2-$2 tickets and I won… $24!!! Woohoo!!! Did I hear someone say I stink at gambling??? I won!!! Woohoo!!! (Okay, I guess it doesn’t take much to make me happy these days, huh?)

Hopefully, things will continue to look up. It is the weekend and that’s always a good thing. I’m tired, though. I just may stay in bed for the day tomorrow (yeah, right!)

Published in:Uncategorized |on October 26th, 2007 |3 Comments »

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

3 Responses to “Friday”

1. Stacy Says:

I’m so sorry to hear about your brother. That is so scary.

My boss was in a pretty bad car accident on Wednesday morning, on his way to work — he was less than 1/4 mile from the office. He broke some ribs from the airbags and seatbelt, but other than that should be okay. But it’s still freaky.

2. Molly Says:

Hi Mary,

So glad to hear that your brother is slowly getting better. I know it was a horrible shock.

I love the new look of this blog! I hadn’t dropped by for a while. Its really nice!

So good to have you just down the hall now. When things settle down, lets see if we can get photo upload to work with the blog, or with flickr.

3. daisy Says:

I’m so glad he is on the mend! Gracious things like this are so scary and nerve wracking.