Open CourseWare plea to professors

Download the mp3

1. jclark

November 13, 2006 @ 5:31 am

1

I think it is good the way you identified yourself as a student and part of the hacking community, and I think you made a strong argument by focusing on the financial issues involved, since losing money is probably your oppositions main concern. Maybe you could somehow fit in what those references you mentioned at the end would prve or show. That might give someone a greater incentive to actually go and look them up…

2. rebeccanesson

November 16, 2006 @ 9:15 am

2

Nice work on this Oliver. You both tell where you are coming from and do a good job empathizing with the concerns of the people you are trying to convince. You also cover a lot of ground, from information, to open courseware, to academic publications, and finally an allusion to open-source software. It is admirable that you get so much substance about each of these topics into the short time available and you convince me as a listener of your thoughtfulness so that I’d be interested to hear more from you on each of those topics. I think that given the short format of the podcast it might be most effective to focus on just one of the issues so that you have the time to fully state the issue and then propose a solution. I agree with the previous commenter that I would be more likely to be convinced about open courseware if you told me about it than if I have to go read about it somewhere else.