Graffito Misterioso

Painted in half-foot high black letters on the sidewalk on Broadway, across from the Rindge & Latin school:

FITZ

FIXES

FEIST’S

FITS

And the internet claims that “fat suffices“. Apparently there’s a character in a Raymond E. Feist book named “Fitz”. Ah well, I guess I just don’t get it. (Update: or do I?)

In other news, the acorns are back! (kids — that’s oak-corn!) So now I get several months of satisfying foot-crunch as I walk to work. They were awfully resilient today — not aged enough to have gotten crunchy, I reckon — but I’ll test them every day, yeah I’m ready for them. This year I think I’ll dig into the ol’ bag o’ tricks and use two acorn-hats and a black pen to make little Frenchmen out of my thumbs:

Thumb 1 (bowing): “Parlez-vous pouce?”
Thumb 2 (bowing): “Oui, merci! (pause) Pardon, monsieur, est-ce que vous avez du pouce?”
Thumb 1 (disconsolately): “Hellas, non.”
Thumb 2 (anticly): “Alors, j’ai une pouce très grande – elle est plus grand que toi! Hon hon hon!”

9 Responses to “Graffito Misterioso”

1. Desultor Says:

A friendly pedant has informed me by email that “Hélas” is what thurnb #1 is trying to say above. Greece is not the word!

2. Harlan Hallam Says:

to view.thanks.

3. Jeffrey Denner Says:

Many thanks for your share, very good expertise. Your website is good! I am satisfied by the details that you have on this blog. It shows how well you realize this subject. Added this page, will come back for more. You, my friend, ARE A BLAST! so thank you

4. Duracell Battery Says:

This is my third visit to this blog. We are starting a new initiative in the same niche as this blog. Your blog provided us with important information to work with. You have done a fantastic job. It used to be that if you used your debit card when you shopped for something, and you didn’t have enough money in your bank checking account, they would let you buy it anyway, and then charge you punishing overdraft fees.

5. halo 3 Says:

I think the information written in your post is actually excellent. I’ve been working on a preliminary research project regarding this topic and your article really assisted with a number of concerns that I had. I am brainstorming a research paper for college and I?m currently following 65 blogs for review.

6. Demetrius Tyberg Says:

Thank you for the very informed writeup. Look forward to reading many more posts from you! As an aside, how could I get a hold of you?

7. Andrew Simpson Says:

My partner and I really enjoyed studying this blog post, I was just itching to know do you offer commerce featured posts? I’m always trying to find someone to make trades with and merely thought I would ask.

8. Ashley Whyard Says:

What’s up! Just wanted to say good blog. Keep up the great work you’re doing!

9. Dianne McTavish Says:

Thanks for taking the time to debate this, I really feel strongly about it and love studying extra on this topic. If doable, as you achieve expertise, would you thoughts updating your weblog with further data? This can be very helpful for me.