Lovely Weekend

Entirely lovely for many reasons, including a fully functional kitchen door.

People in Mass. have a hard time dealing with snow. Almost nobody here shovels their sidewalks. People shovel snow into each other’s driveways and onto each other’s cars. It’s almost funny. But my purpose is darker today…

Once they’ve shoveled out a spot for their car, people here will leave some piece of furniture in the spot when they drive away, to keep others from parking in “their” spot. I regard the shoddy shoveling with amused condescension — after all, it doesn’t snow here that much and practice makes perfect — but this curb-furniture thing is morally appalling to me. That shit is not how we do it where I come from, let me tell you!

I do try to respect the local customs. But I can’t stop the ninja fantasies of dressing all in white, making my rounds of the neighborhood at night. Scattering those chairs, tossing those tables, exultantly heaving away the bad selfish vibes. An apostle of midwestern virtue to the Bostonians, Jesus knocking over the money-changers’ tables in the temple. Except camouflaged, and at night, so nobody beats me up.

5 Responses to “Lovely Weekend”

1. Rosalva Hartzo Says:

Entertaining webpage. My co-workers and I were just talking about this the other night. Also your page looks great on my old laptop. And thats rare. Nice work.

2. superbowl 2010 Says:

My brother would fall in love this website. We were not too long ago discussing about this. lol

3. Dickson Says:

Hi, I just come across this web whilst I’m searching around bing as I’m seeking some information on engine lifts!. It?s an interesting blog so I have bookmarked your site and I will come back tomorrow to allow more time for a more detailed look when I have more time.

4. Stephane Mcclellon Says:

Hey there, dear sir, fantastic site!

5. Sau Windish Says:

Hello there! My title is john I am a 20 many years previous pupil. I actually like to read. I don’t possess a very good offer of time. For this reason I realized speed reading programs, I Believe that once you go through lots of publications and megazines you’ve to discover the ability of velocity reading. Simply to manage to study better and quicker. anyway, I hope you’ll continue to maintain this internet internet site. this really is genuinely an excellent location and I’m specific I’ll be again inside the around prolonged time period when much more.