True Word, Spoken in Jest

This isn’t counting variations with “many a truth”, “many an honest word”, etc. Also counting them as little as possible when they crop up as parts of sentences: I’m looking here for the proverb.

Phrase # Hits
Many a true word is spoken in jest 602
Many a true word spoken in jest 475
There’s many a true word spoken in jest 102
There is many a true word spoken in jest 42
Many a true word has been spoken in jest 19
Many a true word are spoken in jest 4
There are many true words spoken in jest 4
Many true words are spoken in jest 3
Many a true word are spoken in jest 3
Many a true words spoken in jest 2
Many a true word’s spoken in jest 1
Many a true words are spoken in jest 1
There’s many a true words spoken in jest 1
Many true words spoken in jest 1
Many a true word hath been spoken in jest 1
Many true words have been spoken in jest 1

“There’s many a true word spoken in jest” is at H.M.S. Surprise, p.89.

The funny thing about this sort of post is that it may itself be indexed by some search engines, making any subsequent attempts to do the same thing far more difficult. It can snowball, too. Ah well, nobody ever called this science!

6 Responses to “True Word, Spoken in Jest”

1. Cyrus Labrode Says:

Interesting and informative. But will you write about this one more? But in their defense, the banks argue that they’ve been pushed to such unfair extremes in their industry.

2. proactol Says:

You gave nice ideas here. I done a research on the issue and learnt most peoples will agree with your blog. Right away, that could save you something like 40%.

3. career Says:

hi buddy, I found your site from wikipedia and read a few of your other blog posts.They are cool. Pls continue this great work. Be tenacious and one great way is to land a temp job.

4. leather riding gloves Says:

wow, nice post, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by yahoo, many userful stuff here, now i have got some idea. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated.

5. dfgfgf Says:

I have been studying your entries throughout my morning break, and I should admit the entire article has been very enlightening and really well written. I believed I would help you recognise that for some reason this blog does no longer view neatly in Web Explorer 8. I desire Microsoft may stop changing their software. I have a query for you. May you mind exchanging weblog roll links? That would be really neat!

6. Michael Phelps Says:

Nice concepts! I was having some porblems about what you already mentioned, Now I will probably be better!