My Pet Peeve

I hate it when credit card forms on web sites don’t accept spaces between the groups of digits. They are obviously valid characters, since they appear on the card itself.

8 Responses to “My Pet Peeve”

1. Ezra Cooper Says:

I hate that too.

No good reason for it, except that programmers are trained to think rigidly.

2. jared Says:

it’s all about sanitizing the input before checking for incorrect formatting. I can’t imagine it’s too hard to remove some spaces from a CCN string.

I like Ezra’s suggestion, except it discounts the (heavy, if not primary) role of work experience in “training” any professional developer. So either a lot of web UI work gets done by non-professional devs, or it gets done for managers who don’t really give a shit about the quality of the final product. I’d believe both are often in effect.

3. Brian freshny Says:

When I was young

4. cindi Says:

I Like to read about all pets.Got your page on Wednesday.Your Post Desultor » Blog Archive » My Pet Peeve is really Nice.Thanks.

5. discounts Says:

Hello, I was just reading your post; Desultor » Blog Archive » My Pet Peeve. I don’t know if you have seen it or any of your readers but there is a new free shopping application that makes it easy to find the best internet price on any item. I got it last Tuesday for free and it still is I am sure.

6. viagra Says:

Nice site, keep it up, viagra

7. womens kasper suits Says:

An ounce of blood is worth more than a pound of friendship.

8. picture of mesothelioma Says:

There are a number of University research grants you can apply for so it is worth finding out about this type of funding.