Spring has sprung

And as the sap riseth in the humble vegetables, so riseth it in Desultor. Mutatis mutandis.

Crocuses have been around for a couple of weeks. Towards the beginning of last week I saw my first daffodils. Towards the end, those damned blue flowers which I still can’t identify. I speak in this post of flowers, not merely foliage.

And now this week, the Kendall railroad weedpatch has blooms: woodsorrel (surprisingly early to me), some sort of chickweed (probably “common” but I was rushed and didn’t look closely), some crazy whiteflowered mustard with purpley foliage (flowers are about the size of shepherd’s purse; I think the foliage is pretty much entire), and storksbill!

HOORAY! For Desultor, it’s out of the gardens and into the sidewalk cracks! The weedpatches! The railroad tracks! The tickpatch (mater memoriae)! The swamps!

8 Responses to “Spring has sprung”

1. Adam Says:

I really like fall and the winters here in Sweden. The cold wind slapping your face, you get to feel that you’re still living 🙂

I think it was D.Letterman who once said: “I love fall in LA, seeing how all the birds change color and fall from the trees”

2. Chad Niese Says:

I really liked your article post.Really thank you! Will read on…

3. Meta Frausto Says:

Extremely beneficial. Thank you.

4. Adrien Catmull Says:

I was looking for new directions and came to your website by using yahoo. You continue being a perfect source of information.

5. beverly Says:

Hey! Just dropped by to write good site. Keep up the good work you’re doing!

6. Ilana Nurnberger Says:

Heelllo! Just wanted to say great website. Continue with the great work you’re doing!

7. Delbridge Says:

hey there and thank you for your information — I’ve certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical points using this website, as I experienced to reload the site many times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and could damage your quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I’m adding this RSS to my email and can look out for a lot more of your respective intriguing content. Ensure that you update this again very soon..

8. Carolyne Haer Says:

nbsp;DollarCarClub.com – Win a Ferraro California in January 2012 in our FREE Sweepstakes