Wherein Desultor Blogs IM

By popular request:

people are so stupid
http://www.slate.com/id/2163957?nav=tap3
apparently there’s some controversy
because not everything in david sedaris oeuvre is strictly true
which, duh
he’s not, like, a reporter
Jon Carroll thinks humorists require “latitude” to make things funny, a notion I find bogus. I find stories that are absolutely true—like the time one of my neighbors, dressed up to party on Saturday night, fell into a 55-gallon drum filled with human excrement and urine—the funniest.
i think that story would be funnier
if the lead character was writing an article about why all humor should be strictly true
and his chair tipped over into that bucket
but i guess that didn’t really happen

13 Responses to “Wherein Desultor Blogs IM”

1. Mrilyn Parr Says:

I have a similiar story told by my Mother.

My Aunt was all dressed and awaiting her date to pick her up. They were cleaning up after dinner, it was dark out and she insisted the garbage be taken out immediately before her date arrived. Therefore, she stepped outside with garbage in-hand and fell in the septic hole which was being repaired by her brothers.

2. Ron Budzynski Says:

Dirt trapped in the carpet will break down the fabric and eventually discolor or destroy the carpet cleaning Roseville.

3. Sherell Starchman Says:

There is obviously much more to learn about this. I think you made some great points in Features also. Keep working, good writeup! los angeles carpet cleaning

4. Carpet Cleaning Superior Says:

I like your blog – nice !

5. carpet cleaning Norfolk Says:

I your website – super job!

6. carpet cleaning supplies Says:

I love your blog – great effort!

7. Computers Says:

fb > fb

8. hypnosis downloads for memory concentration Says:

Hi to all, found your site by accident this afternoon, but am very pleased that I did! As well as being informative and also very easy to read unlike lots that I find!! (My site, is related to hypnotherapy downloads). I have been looking to see if I could find out what layout you had used, can somone give me an idea? The site I’ve made is related to hypnotherapy downloads. I’m trying the same look on my site, which is a review site for hypnotherapy downloads, – I’ve found somehow it appears to reload swifter on yours although here you seem to have much more entries. Have you used any plugin that speed it up? – Anyway, I appreciate such a great website and it’s a wonderful model for my modest overview website of hypnotherapy downloads. I’ll be looking to enhance my own attempt. I’ll definitely check back on your brilliant website often.

9. halo 3 Says:

All I can say is… please write more. OMG, it seems as though I watched a video instead of reading an article…it’s so sureal. You hole heartedly know what you’re writing about. My thought was, why waste your writing skills on blog articles when you could be writing books? Think about it. You’re very good at what you do. WORD!

10. LONNA Says:

Fantastic Blogpost I’ll send this hot Posting to a friend of me he was looking for a Tutorial like this one.

Greetings,
    ally

11. Richard Says:

The amount of quality content on this particular website has indeed made me realize the huge authority your site contains. Mind blowing posts and articles all ’round. Keep it going.

12. water damage pasadena Says:

Thanks for the writing really usefull. I would like to bookmark this site.

13. pasadena water damage Says:

All I can say is keep writing. Some professional bloggers post a couple of times a day on the blogs, simply because this continuous addition of new content helps the property to get regular readers.