White-throated Sparrow?

Among the usual Somerville and Cambridge birds I’ve been hearing an occasional song which sounds like a white-throated sparrow’s “Poor Sam Peabody, Peabody, Peabody”. However, it’s been coming across as thin and reedy compared with the recordings I have, and lacking syllables in Peabody, such that it sounds like “Poor Sam Peee Peee Peee”.

I didn’t really think that it was likely a white-throated sparrow, since I hadn’t read of them being city birds at all. But today, I saw a sparrow in the back yard which definitely wasn’t a house sparrow. It had three white stripes on its head, and a distinctly white throat. It was bigger than a house sparrow. I didn’t see the yellow eyebrows that white-throated sparrows should have, but maybe I just wasn’t looking closely enough…

8 Responses to “White-throated Sparrow?”

1. Felichio Melch Says:

What a big fuss about nothing! Surely it makes sense what the poster above me has said and that should be the end of it!

2. Delsie Szanto Says:

I liked it. So much useful material. I read with great interest. Baby products were the same for the longest time, and then suddenly everything changed.

3. Deandra Beem Says:

I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful. You still need to be wary of thieves, pickpockets and druggies on the streets, however, especially at night.

4. Serena Kedzierski Says:

Great detailed information, I ll be visiting you more frequently, here is very interesting information. Get ready to be pampered like an “A” list celebrity when you stay there.

5. Wyszukiwarka Pracy Says:

Hey dude, Steve here… Keep ‘em coming… you are doing a great job with this blog, inspiring many newbies like me… can’t tell you how much I appreciate all you do! – Steve

6. Canaduck Says:

All this spam is really fucking weird and creepy.

7. Clinton Molaison Says:

hi,this is the most informative page i have read all day

8. Part Time Data Entry Says:

This is the precise weblog for anyone who needs to find out about this topic. You understand so much its almost arduous to argue with you (not that I actually would need…HaHa). You positively put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!