Eagle Island, May 20th

Back to the island for a day. One year anniversary of a previous visit, as it happens.

I didn’t get to the rich area over by Chimney Bluffs, where I’d seen the trilliums, solomon’s seal and jack-in-the-pulpit. The island doesn’t seem to have this sort of thing, as far as I’ve seen.

Very, very prevalent are the thyme-leaved speedwell and ground ivy. Around the shore, purple dead-nettle is common. I also was able to definitely identify a smooth yellow violet. Unless I’ve forgotten something, the only new plant I saw was some sort of pussytoes. I think that it was Antennaria plantaginifolia, also known as “Woman’s Tobacco”.

10 Responses to “Eagle Island, May 20th”

1. Avis Brentley Says:

Great Blog. Just not sure why I am up in the middle of the night reading this. šŸ™‚

2. scientologist Says:

This is a great website, I can not believe I didn’t find it sooner!

3. Clifton Park Fireplace Says:

Fireplace and chimney safety should not be taken lightly. Matchless Stove and Chimney offers chimney inspection, maintenance and cleaning services. Ensure that your fireplace and chimney are properly maintained by hiring a professional. Matchless Stove and Chimney is located in the Capital Region of New York.

4. Lore Billiet Says:

The morning snack can be anything of your choice but the total calorie content of your morning snack should be around 100 calories. Acai for weight loss in conjunction with good eating habits, and an exercise routine can be a fast, and healthy way to lose weight.

5. Thanh Gadsen Says:

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me. They are called credit unions, and they will offer you a credit card at about 7%, with no balance transfer fee.

6. fleet management software Says:

Me and my friend were arguing about an issue similar to this! Now I know that I was right. lol! Thanks for the information you post. for some, your entire body feels engulfed in sweat.

7. halo 3 Says:

Thank you for making the sincere attempt to explain this. I feel pretty strong about it and would like to read more. If it’s possible, as you attain more in depth knowledge, would you mind writing more posts similar to this one with more information? It would be very helpful and useful for me and my co-workers.

8. Leanora Stoneham Says:

Hi I love your post and it was so good and I am gonna save it. I Have to say the Indepth analysis you have done is trully remarkable.No one goes that extra mile these days? Bravo šŸ™‚ Just one more tip you shouldget a Translator for your Worldwide Readers .

9. Mable Strong Says:

Straightforward and written well, appreciate the post.

10. Andrew Simpson Says:

Actually like your web site! Undoubtedly a valuable provider of information that’s extremely helpful. Keep on and that iā€™m gonna keep reading. Cheers.