1) Cross any street, anywhere, any time. Your species was here first. The fast metal things just have to adapt.
2) Don’t look left or right. Stay with your purpose. You’re here to cross the road. Nothing else matters.
3) Ignore pedestrian traffic signals. The little white walking guy and the red hand are displayed at random and have no relationship to the signals for cars.
4) Follow the others. The bold and fearless pedestrians near you can show the way. Cross with them, but downstream a bit. If they misjudge, they get hit first.
5) Be preoccupied. Use your phone, study the pavement, lose yourself in thought. You have a life. Watching traffic isn’t part of it.
Comments are now closed.