Shootings

Getting this one up quickly from my seat in a London-bound 777 before taking off. It’s a set of shots heading westbound from Comb Ridge to Monument Valley in southern Utah during the trip west I’m ending now. The shot above is of Red Lake, a dry lake in the midst of an only slightly less rutilant desert south of Comb Ridge, the town of Bluff, and the San Juan River. The colorful parts of Utah are among my favorite places on Earth. Even though I haven’t been to most of them.

Someday I’d love to take a rafting trip down the San Juan River, through Goosenecks, which are also featured in this series.

The whole trip is here — a long series of shots running from Boston to Los Angeles. I don’t have all of them up yet. All my connections have been too slow. Maybe I’ll finish them in London. We’ll see. In any case, it was the clearest view I’ve had coast-to-coast in many trips.

The Grand Canyon series is pretty good too.

3 responses to “Shootings”

1. Doc, if you have any spare time in London, give me a shout.

2. Just got in. Catching a quick nap. Meanwhile send me an email at dsearls AT cyber.law.harvard.edu and let’s see what we can do.

3. … and for insurance against his inundated inbox, please cc me as well (ask Doc for the address). I keep track of his schedule and try my best to keep track of Doc, too.