I posted a lot today, but nothing matters more — or has been more on the front of my mind — than Haiti. What hell that such an already troubled country should be hit by an earthquake so bad, and so close to its most dense population centers.
So, as I try to get my head around the situation, here’s a list of links, in the order that I visit them:
- USGS Page on the 7.0 quake, 10 miles from downtown Port au Prince
- USGS Quake maps
- Global Voices Online — Diaspora Mobilize to Help Haiti in Earthquke Aftermath
- Ethan Zuckerman — Following the Haitian earthquake online (lots of links there)
- Twitter search on #Haiti or #Help Haiti
- Relief .orgs taking contributions
- Google News on Haiti
- NPR on Haiti
- CNN on Haiti
- Huffpo — Haiti Earthquake Damage: Ushahidi Crowdsources Crisis Information
- Btown Monitoring Post
- Military Monitoring Post
I’ll add more as time goes on.
Also please read the comments below. The three (so far) from Andrew Leyden are excellent.
Comments are now closed.