In my Flickr collection I have 3,928 shots tagged “santabarbara”, and 1,017 with “Santa Barbara” in title or caption text. Tops on both lists is this one:
But it’s not my favorite, and it looks like the mission itself is on fire (which it wasn’t). I’m kinda partial to…
- This view out the front door of a friend’s house
- This shot in flower season on Figueroa Mountain Road (or just pick any flower shots in this set… my fave there, though not the best shot compositionally, is this one of a lizard on serpentine)
- This shot of a sunset, over the airport and UCSB
- This shot of a sunset (or a sunrise) over a reflecting pool
- This silhouette shot of palm trees during one of the wildfires
- This oil platform
- This one of a fire dancer
- A similar shot, but in daylight, of a kid making a circle of spray with his hair
I could go on, but I’d rather leaving the chosing up to you. (If you think any of them are worthy.) Votes?
By the way, most of those shots were taken with a 5-megapixel Nikon CoolPix 5700. Not my newer (but now also old) Canon 30D or 5D cameras. None of my cameras or lenses are especially desirable, by Real Photographer standards. Someday I’ll get the gear I’d like, starting with lenses. Meanwhile, like they say, the best camera is the one you’ve got. And what you see in those collections is from what I had at the time.
Oh, and all are Creative Commons licensed just to require attribution. Feel free, because they pretty much are exactly that.
Comments are now closed.