It just occurred to me that everything being worked on at IIW is meaningful to CRM. I had been thinking that only the VRM stuff was meaningful, but I realize now that all the IIW stuff is, because — from a CRM perspective — it’s all about customer empowerment. And empowered customers are entities that CRM will welcome, sooner or later.
Here’s the list of IIW topics on the IIW home page:
- Open Standards that have been born and developed at IIW – OpenID, OAuth, Activity Streams, Portable Contacts, Salmon Protocol, SCIM, UMA ….
- The Federated Social Web
- Vendor Relationship Management
- Personal Data Services – collection, storage and value generation
- Anonymity Pseudonymity and Reputation Online (think google+ controversy)
- Legal Innovation including, Information Sharing Agreements, Data Ownership Agreements and the development of “trust” frameworks.
- NSTIC – the National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace (it uses the term “user-centric identity” 4 times & “citizen-centric identity” once)
- Cloud Identity and the intersection of enterprise ID and people (consumer) ID
With this in mind we (a bunch of VRM and IIW people) decided that Wednesday afternoon is when we’ll have the VRM+CRM session, although we can have CRM sessions anytime, because the whole workshop is an unconference and participants choose the topics. But if you’re into the future of CRM, that afternoon session will be a good one to hit.
There is also the whole next day, currently thus described:
Thursday is Yukon Day: One of the longtime themes of IIW is how identity and personal data intersect. Many important discussions about Vendor Relationship Management (VRM) have also taken place at IIW. In recognition of how personal data and identity are intertwined, the third day of the IIW, will be designated “IIW + Yukon” and will stress the emerging personal data economy. The primary theme will be personal data control and leverage, where the individual controls and drives the use of their own data, and data about them held by other parties.
This isn’t social. It’s personal. This day you can expext open-space style discuss ions of personal data stores (PDS), PDS ecosystems, and VRM. One purpose of Yukon is to start to focus on business models and value propositions, so we will specifically be reaching out to angels and VC’s who are interested in personal data economy plays and inviting them to attend.
“Yukon” is a play on “You Control.”
So, if CRM is your thing, IIW would be a good place to see what’s coming in CRM’s direction.
Look forward to seeing some of ya’ll there.
Comments are now closed.
I just published “After Peak Marketing” medium.com/p/after-peak-m…
Nice summary! Will there be a video? twitter.com/websciencetrus…
Overheard: "Mars and other planets are still virgins. We're just a bunch of fuckers if we want to change that."