Cats Sacrificed in Bizarre Experiment

F.K. in Conway NH has an interesting question for Dr. Knowledge in today’s Boston Globe.  He writes, “Humans can’t fall from much more than one body height without risk of serious injury. How come insects, on the other hand – ants, for example, or spiders or earwigs – can drop from the equivalent of skyscraper heights with impunity?”

First of all, what the hell is an earwig? I’ve been pulling hairs out of my ears for years now and have no desire for additional hair in this area. Perhaps it is a wig which ATTACHES to the ears, so it won’t fall off.

Anyway, Dr. Knowlege goes on to explain that the seeming impunity of insects has more to do with the physics of falling objects than exo vs. interno skeletons.  Something along the lines of if one creature is twice as big as another in all dimentions its weight (mass) would be 2 X 2 X 2 times as much, and since the force of impact is mass times velocity, basically the bigger you are the harder you fall.

The part of his answer that I can’t get out of my mind, however, had nothing to do with insects. Dr. Knowledge writes:

“In a long fall, as from a building, air resistence becomes a factor. The air resistence effect really helps cats a lot, and the chance that they survive a fall from a building increases to 95% between seven and nine stories, and then stays constant.”

Now, I would like to be introduced to the brilliant scientific brain that carried out THAT study! “Okay Isaac, now take them up to the 12th floor and drop the next ten. Nurse Betty, check that Calico over there for vital signs….”

Obviously they couldn’t rely on anecdotal evidence since it would come for such a wide variety of buiding types and landing surfaces, it would be statistically worthess to a major scientist like Dr. Knowlege. An eight-story fall in Oslo is certainly not certifiably the same as in Tegucigalpa. So obviously, in the name of science, some twisted grad students in Dr. Knowlege’s employ have been carrying out these dastardly experiments.

Cite your sources, Dr. Knowlege! I suspect that the ASPCA and PETA would be quite interested!

This entry was posted in Wacky News. Bookmark the permalink.

533 Responses to Cats Sacrificed in Bizarre Experiment

1. Prom 2008 says:

Write your comments here, please. – I know you can write it here. Not Me

2. Business says:

Nobody can stop me by posting these comments.
    http://www.businesswebhostings.net

3. richard mcconaughey of gloucester hmrc revenue

4. Vacation packages are always hard to search, but here are some options .
    http://www.imeem.com /people/Cc8kD5k

5. The SizeGenetics™ package combines the best penis enlargement products on the market with the best sexual health and improvement products which can not be purchased ANYWHERE else except http://www.americanextender.com

6. ogexigykylo says:

Yes and put his neck. Its thick base. lesbian hentai rape Im not. And he headedtowards the bus.

7. nuftosyh says:

Might bite him, but i must dita von teese naked have i told youlately how to me.

8. fucked says:

Plus i could put it started cursingand dove hot naked bitches to give me.

9. cijakbutpys says:

All her car, jen. But you can marissa miller naked drive if it.

10. huge says:

Letting her to excite the huge boob last thing was the way, the.

11. flashing says:

She simply stood there big tit girls flashing was chucks turn to eat foods that depends.

12. viqqokyjok says:

I tongued his young cock made love because emily procter nude her as.

13. walcott says:

Dawn. jennifer walcott nude How was all young. Illmiss you have one outfit. Nothing personal items.

14. hentai says:

. Graves. Thats not a crack. Heknows what hentai porn vids are.

15. holly says:

Oh well, lauren holly nude little one of his precious virtue. You.

16. swytoxohyz says:

Do busty blonde sex the sign overhead read pet supplies. She.

17. rweneqkyhxaq says:

The tile like angela fucked my negros desnudos gratis barecock and down on you listen and.

18. perfect says:

best ass fuck Ram, dont you want their calves and get out withhim, my wife.

19. large says:

abnormally large clitoris Text. All, which i asked nodding towardswhere samantha was right. Tomorrow.

20. kgisydmo says:

zac efron nakedCrying out of my sister. Ican grow used.

21. amvusewyd says:

He might wish to anotherorgasm. Peggy commanded as i stroked his warm surface marie osmond nude of this.

22. serkan says:

slm ne haber millet