Deep-Fried Cow Brain Sandwich

Fear of mad cow disease hasn’t kept customers from eating the deep-fried
cow brain sandwiches served Tuesday, Jan. 13, 2004, at the Hilltop
Inn in Evansville, Ind. The delicacy is traced back to a time when
southern Indiana newcomers from Germany and Holland wasted little.
Some families have their own recipes passed down over the generations.

from AP

1. Michael Feldman

January 23, 2004 @ 12:09 am

Michael: Did you remove the bun on the cow brain posting and attach the contents of the sandwich to the back of a photo of a nude woman leaning against a wall? Love, Mom

2. Want to see a brain sandwich? : Hotwire

March 20, 2009 @ 2:48 pm

[…] Hotline’s item this week about brain sandwiches produced many comments. For the curious, here’s a photo of the yummy organ […]

3. DRKellogg

March 31, 2009 @ 1:46 pm

I can trace it back to the mid-’60’s when my grandma used to make them for my uncle.

I never ate brains, but did eat beef liver and tongue, chicken livers and sweetbreads (thymus glands). It sort of nauseates me now.

4. I May Have Mad Cow Disease so you don’t have to at I Do Things So You Don’t Have To

September 29, 2009 @ 10:26 am

[…] A Dee-lightful Alternative to the Dangerous Hamburger (I SWEAR, if you click on this . . .) […]

5. Natalie Baker

March 16, 2010 @ 12:50 am

I have never seen or heard of a cow brain sandwich before. I do not think I could bring myself to eat one. I used to eat tongue though which I remember enjoying. Do not know if I could stomach it now though.

6. grand-gambler.com

March 31, 2010 @ 9:36 pm

Thanks, learned a lot of useful information.

7. Daniel

September 3, 2010 @ 9:51 am

At first, it look tasty and juicy to me, until I read the name of the dish.

Daniel

Chicken coop plans

8. Anete Simpson

September 8, 2010 @ 2:43 am

It is very interesting for me to read this article. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anete Simpson
    utica escort

9. Anonymous

November 19, 2010 @ 4:07 pm

Rather cool site you’ve got here. Thanks the author for it. I like such themes and anything connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.

Tory Benedict
    african female escorts

10. Doreatha Macnab

February 5, 2011 @ 2:30 pm

would love to constantly get updated great blog ! .