Turning your Blog into a Book

14

Back at BarCamp, another drizzly morning, perfect for brunch in bed or a bracing geek-fest brunch, which consists this morning of complementary Starbucks coffee, Skittles, pretzel sticks and Eden Garden Salty ‘n Sweet Snack Bars.

First session up is a woman named Claudia Gere, telling us that getting a traditional publisher for your book is harder and harder these days.  We feel a pitch for self-publishing coming up.

We may not last as long today at the conference today, but let’s see what surprises the day will bring……

1. Nina Amir

April 19, 2010 @ 12:24 am

1

Turning blogs into books is all the craze these days. I just saw that a cancer survivor turned his posts about cancer treatments into a book called The Cancer Chronicles. Another guy who wrote about the amazing things most people take for granted was picked up by a publisher and his book The Book of Awesome is about to be released. I blog about how to blog a book to help writers consider what they are blogging about before they start blogging–if they want to actually blog a book into existence (and possibly be discovered). I figure, why not approach the whole blogging a book idea in the same way you would approach writing any other book? You know, put on your business hat…as well as your writer’s hat. You can check out the blog. It’s been down for two weeks while I was at a writing retreat and then while I changed it from a free blog to a hosted one. It will be back up and running tomorrow.

2. airport transfer

May 29, 2010 @ 1:05 pm

2

thank you very very much

3. Natalie

July 1, 2010 @ 12:26 am

3

Turning blogs into books does seem to be the craze at the moment.

4. stop thinning hair

August 16, 2010 @ 10:59 am

4

I think you need to be a really good writer to get picked out for publication out of the billions of websites out there…

5. chihuahua clothes

August 16, 2010 @ 6:49 pm

5

Comment by Nina – “I blog about how to blog a book to help writers consider what they are blogging about before they start blogging”

WTF?!

6. Amy

August 17, 2010 @ 10:19 pm

6

I would need to write a bit more, but I think that there is potential in my blog to become a book. Thanks for the motivation.

7. Industrial Marketing

August 31, 2010 @ 12:43 pm

7

Blogs are a wonderful way to get content that could later be created into a book. If traffic to the blog justifies it, why not turn it into a book and sell it on the blog. Seems like a wonderful way to market.

8. Automated Income Guy

September 6, 2010 @ 2:16 am

8

The content that other people help you create with their comments is worth it’s weight in gold.

Love the concept.

9. best muscle builder

September 13, 2010 @ 6:19 pm

9

Great in theory – useless in practice!

10. Creative Halloween Costumes

September 15, 2010 @ 1:28 pm

10

Most blogs shouldn’t be published, but I have seen a few blogs that would make great blogs, especially some travel blogs. Fascinating stuff sometimes.

11. Canvas Painting

October 12, 2010 @ 7:28 am

11

very interesting, I agree that some blogs shouldn’t be posted, but then again, some people need to say what they want to say and that’s the only way they can get people to listen.

12. Canvas Paintings

October 22, 2010 @ 6:17 am

12

It’s almost going backwards. Books are slowly diminishing into technology.

13. Lanny Frese

October 31, 2010 @ 5:27 pm

13

This page appears to get a great deal of visitors. How do you advertise it? It gives a nice unique spin on things. I guess having something authentic or substantial to post about is the most important factor.

14. marvel vs capcom 3

January 22, 2011 @ 12:37 am

14

hiya anyone, I was just checkin’ out this blog and I really enjoy the basis of the article, and have nothing to do, so if anyone wants to have an compelling conversation about it, please contact me on twitter, my name is katie smith