Open code supports local economies

January 23rd, 2006 by

Reviewing my notes from the Maddog talk, I realize that I omitted a critical revelation in my last post. In an argument for f/oss novel to my ears, Maddog explained the benefit that open code can have on local tech economy. If a company deploys an open-source product, they can then hire developers in their area to maintain, support, and extend that software. This localization is meaningful regardless of whether an organization is located in Georgia the state or Georgia the nation.

Recently, charter schools came under fire at the State House and one of the charges was that we have not fulfilled our commitment to sharing successful techniques with the larger public school community. There are many reasons that this communication has not occurred; some political, others circumstantial. Developing and supporting open code might be a powerful move towards rectifying this situation. Software available freely online could help teachers, staff, and administrators at a variety of institutions start to communicate without the morass of scheduled meetings.

6 Responses to “Open code supports local economies”

1. Carli Goularte Says:

Samantha5z@gmail.com

2. Tobias Cimko Says:

Man I love this post and it is so good and I am definetly going to save it. One thing to say the Superb analysis you have done is trully remarkable.Who goes that extra mile these days? Well Done :) Just another suggestion you caninstall a Translator for your Global Audience …

3. Ian Green Says:

I do know this isn’t precisely on topic, however i have a web site using the identical program as you and i get troubles with my comments displaying. Is there a setting i am missing? Perhaps it’s possible you’ll help me out? thanx.

4. christian louboutin Says:

well, this is really a nice post.I really like the way you start and conclude your thoughts.

5. Heloise28835 Says:

Thanks for the a new challenge you have unveiled in your blog post. One thing I¡¯d like to comment on is that FSBO associations are built over time. By bringing out yourself to owners the first end of the week their FSBO is announced, ahead of masses begin calling on Monday, you make a good relationship. By sending them equipment, educational materials, free accounts, and forms, you become a good ally. If you take a personal curiosity about them and their predicament, you create a solid connection that, many times, pays off in the event the owners decide to go with a representative they know plus trust ¨C preferably you.

6. streamate Says:

Occasionally the term can also be used on purpose being a euphemism. Will courting necessarily mean the kiss, resting alongside one another, or simply a bit of time alongside one another. Someone might imagine the fact that fact is do it yourself visible. streamate http://www.cheapsexchat.co/