Turbo Texas Usage

Couple of cancelled tournaments and a flurry of BoSox games means I haven’t gotten to much live play. I have been mucking about with Wilson’s Turbo Texas, regular and tournament editions.  If you use these programs, I’d be curious to hear how you’ve found they helped you most.  What do you do to train with them? What settings, features, etc. do you employ?  I feel like the ring game one helped me a lot early on, less so now.  The tournament one is pretty cool, but I have to really fine tune the settings to get something approaching what my games end up like.

2 Responses to “Turbo Texas Usage”

1. Joshua Slater
    October 23rd, 2004 | 11:40 am

I find Wilson’s ring game program useful for conditioning me with regards to hand quality, position, and to a certain extent issues of pot odds. I have difficulty learning these things by rote, and being able to jump on the program and play one or two challenges (the only area in the program where my thinking isn’t affected by suggested plays, limiting the usefulness in my opinion) lets me get enough hands in to burn this stuff into my subconscious. However, I find myself completely incapable of paying attention to player style or patterns on the computer. This is a weakness in my game generally, but the program further conditions me to play the cards instead of the player.

2. iggy
    October 28th, 2004 | 6:01 pm

i use them for sims, primarily. defending blinds or playing a questionable hand from a certain position.