Vermin and Bad Service 101

I think that it’s time for me to add a feature to my sidebar, a special page to catalog bad restaurant experiences. Anna’s cockroach experience at Matsuri this weekend ranks up there with the live worm that fell to my table from the mosaic ceiling at Farallon.

After Finch picked me up from the CalTrain station this evening, I was tired and hungry, so we headed to the neighborhood Hawaiian restaurant, Hukilai, for a quick bite. We had a case of the disappearing waitress even though the place wasn’t busy. After she took our order, she forgot to bring us our drinks. After we waited for a good 25 minutes for our food, Finch had to use the restroom and spotted our food sitting at the kitchen counter waiting to be picked up. After he returned, the waitress noticed that we were disgruntled, and said that the food would be coming shortly and disappeared for another 5 minutes. When she finally brought our plates over, she had the audacity to lie, “Sorry, the kitchen was a little backed up tonight.” We didn’t have the energy to complain about our entrees being cold, but the manager overheard us whispering about not leaving a tip, and comped our drinks.

1. billy breakfast

August 16, 2004 @ 4:08 pm

1

you have more patience than me…i would have enjoyed my drinks and left without paying a dime.

2. ToastyKen

August 20, 2004 @ 2:16 pm

2

Well I imagine the drinks might have come out of the waitress’s paycheck anyway. 😛