f/k/a archives . . . real opinions & real haiku

February 12, 2004

a few words from an honest lawyer

Filed under: pre-06-2006 — David Giacalone @ 10:30 am

penny

Discourage litigation.  Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever you can.  Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser in fees, expenses and waste of time.  — Abraham Lincoln

1. I have always likes the role model Abe set as a lawyer. I always assumed he was championing the cause of the little guy. Within the last week I read somewhere that Abe’s days of riding the circuit to courts around Illinois and the Midwest were as a trial lawyer for the railroads. If that’s true, he certainly was not championing the cause of the underdogs while he was a lawyer. He would have been in the business of using every trick in the book to make certain that those with the money got their ‘justice’ and that the little guy received no justice.

You know anything what Abe did as a trial lawyer?

– Kevin

Comment by Kevin O'Keefe — February 12, 2004 @ 7:43 pm

2. I have always likes the role model Abe set as a lawyer. I always assumed he was championing the cause of the little guy. Within the last week I read somewhere that Abe’s days of riding the circuit to courts around Illinois and the Midwest were as a trial lawyer for the railroads. If that’s true, he certainly was not championing the cause of the underdogs while he was a lawyer. He would have been in the business of using every trick in the book to make certain that those with the money got their ‘justice’ and that the little guy received no justice.

– Kevin

Powered by WordPress