Lead, Kindly Light

Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see The distant scene; One step enough for me.

From the Notebook: God Stepped In

Filed under: Uncategorized — graingergirl at 9:35 pm on Friday, July 10, 2009

The day started out grey.  And as the morning rolled into the afternoon, the skies grew darker and darker.  The clouds loomed, threatening and glaring.

I lokoed at at the skies with heaviness in my heart.  I felt abandoned, cold, and sad.  I whispered a plea for God to walk with me in the downpour, half-expecting Him to ignore me.  Then, grasping my tiny, flimsy, pathetic umbrella of “courage,” I stepped out to brave the storm.

And just as I did, God stepped in.  He covered my hand with His and guided it to lower the umbrella.  With His other hand, He reached up to the sky and parted the clouds.

The soft glow of sun warmed my now-upturned face.  I smiled, relieved.

Then God pointed, again with His free hand (His other was still wrapped around mine) toward the rainbow He had set in the sky.  I gazed at the magical arc, and I laughed, humbled.

Comment by GPS Tracking

15 December 2009 @ 8:10 pm

This article is very nice. I like the style. And your blog is very nice. I have subscribed your blog, thanks. I will be back next time.

Comment by Mike

4 January 2010 @ 1:15 pm

Inspirational!

Comment by sofa

12 March 2010 @ 7:01 am

just soso!!!

Comment by Bobby

4 May 2010 @ 11:30 pm

I like your posts, it is refreshing to read about someones experiences with god, and to know that he is still actively involved in our lives if we let him be.