Best Buy and Circuit City Offshore their phone support

I dug up this personal anecdote by Chad Dickerson on his tale to buy a television and how scheduling delivery of his television ended up being a phone nightmare.

I’d give the obligatory excerpt but Infoworld has a policy that requires permissions before even quoting

However, needless to say that in delivering the TV he had to make 4 phone calls. 1 to India, 1 from New Jersey, and 2 to India to try getting a TV delivered to his home. I bet if we add up the costs for all the finagling and counting that as also time on everyone’s part to clear up this mess it might be a decent chunk of the revenue from the TV. So much for offshoring saving money.

Link to story

1. Steve Stockmeyer | December 23, 2003 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

Best Buy has the worst customer service whether you’re on line or on the phone offshore or onshore. I have been trying for a month to get an order completely delivered. I’ve been lied to, ignored and put off. After seven contacts both email and phone over the last couple of weeks, I still can’t get a straight answer, get my goods or a refund. They should change their name to Worst Buy!