Life not as a Game Developer / Porn Star

After reading Game Developers and Porn Stars I started recollecting an earlier time in my life. At that point in time I was considering a life as a game developer. I had heard the rumors that life as a game developer was a meat grinder and had really long hours. I spent time reflecting on the choice I had. I really like video games and think they a great form of entertainment that has had a large influence on my life. But I still feel, at its core, video games are just entertainment. Sometimes, they can educate along with delight but that is all.

Ultimately, I took a different path than becoming a game developer. After reading Kill Ten Rat’s blog post on Game developers I am glad about my choices. I have pretty much erased almost any regrets on not taking that path in life. Although I AM sad to read such a story in 2009 because the decisions I made were over a decade ago and it is disappointing to hear the state of the game industry for a game programmer as a whole seems so soul crushing.