A New Beginning

February 6th, 2004 by MrLuxuryFashionGuru

What can I say?  The Liberty Bell is just behind the photographer – I just thought we made better subjects.  I can promise that I do have excellent pictures of the Bell itself which I couldn’t be bothered to caption and post, so ask me for them if you want them.  Random thought: Philadelphia is such a pretty, historic city.  Lucky Emily 🙂

From left: Ryan, Emily, Xin Wei, Shi Ming, me

The gang at the Liberty Bell (29 Jan 2004)

“>

I’m back!  Intercession was great 🙂 Big Thank Yous to Emily, her parents and her Auntie for putting us up and putting up with us, for shuttling us about and providing scrumptious food.  And my appreciation goes to Ryan (Sim City 4! The midnight masseur!), Shiming (table tennis in bare feet – don’t try this in Emily’s home!), Xinwei (running through the snow in Times Square and *that* pin), Dan (Teresa’s and the Princeton walkabout!) and of course, Emily again (Devon’s beanie!!!  LOL  I’m sure we still love you *muah*!), for making my intercession so enjoyable and filled with laughter.

I *love* the bread at Cosi!  You *have* to try the  sandwiches sometime…  This is after our visit to the Holocaust Memorial Museum, before our walk past the White House (just around the corner).  We were _very_ hungry, and had a two hour lunch.  Mmmmmn

From left: Emily, me, Xin Wei, Becca & Jiayu

At Cosi (1 Feb 2004)

“>

I’ll talk more about it at some point, and put some pictures up, but not right now (it’s bedtime). 

—-

I just wanted to say that my classes for this semester are really exciting.  I’m taking:

– Environmental Science & Public Policy 10 (the wonderfully interdisciplinary introduction to my concentration – *this* is why I chose to do liberal arts)

– Biological Science 50: Genetics & Genomics (the introductory biology course required for my concentration and for pre-med.  It looks intense, but not frightening.)

– French 48b (it’s about contemporary French society, I’m not sure if I’m going to take this or a lower level French conversation class – we’ll see.  The prof comes highly recommended by Emily though.)

– Religion 1529: Personal Choice & Global Transformation (The largest elective class at Harvard – between 300 and 500 students – this is *the* reason I came to a place like Harvard.  Bascially every week we read some stuff about some amazing people, then these same amazing people come in and are interviewed by the class for an hour, after which we write a response paper.  Scheduled guests include Naomi Klein, Noam Chomsky, Robert Reich, Larry Summers, Ralph Nadar, Paul Farmer, Alfie Kohn, Howard Zinn…wow!!)

– Applied Math 21b (to which I’ve become sort of irrationally fond of.)

I’ve decided not to take Steven Pinker’s phenomenally popular class (Science B-62: The Human Mind), because it seems like too much work, the lectures appear to be a rehash of his bestselling books (which I can read on my own), and it’s just way too crowded.  I think I’m probably just going to forego a freshman seminar as well – my study card is already filled to capacity.

So far all my classes are on M, W, F, so I have empty Tuesdays and Thursdays again.  Joy.  Here’s praying that this semester will be fulfilling, balanced and manageable.

14 Responses to “A New Beginning”

1. Princeton Shopping Says:

I found your blog on Wednesday through Google while searching for princeton shopping and your post regarding On The Move… » Blog Archive » A New Beginning made me leave this comment. I always enjoy coming to this site because you offer great tips and advice for people like me who can always use a few good pointers. I will be getting my friends to pop around fairly soon.

2. Jordan Edwards Says:

i played the original SimCity in the 90’s and until now i still play the latest version of SimCity`–

3. Jack Smith Says:

i used to play Sim City when i was still in high school and this is simply one of the best games of all times..~;

4. Arthritis Remedies  Says:

SimCity is the best, so damn addicting game. i used to play the original version when i was just a kid,:~

5. Dong Dinho Says:

Man I like your article and it was so fabulous and I am definetly going to save it. One thing to say the Superb analysis this article has is greatly remarkable.No one goes that extra mile these days? Well Done.. Just one more suggestion you canget a Translator for your Worldwide Readers 🙂

6. Electric Oven Says:

SimCity is a classic city simulator game which i used to play in the early 90’s (the original version) ‘:*

7. female bodybuilding forum Says:

tried this stuff after using cyclone and heard good things about it. doesn t work at all!!! definitely going back to using cyclone, it may cost more but works a hell of a lot better.

8. Dallas personal injury attorney Says:

that is quite interesting. It presented me some ideas and I’ll end up being writing them on my web page soon. I’m bookmarking your blog and I’ll be to return. Thank you again!

9. buy cheap facebook fans Says:

I have to admit that i typically get bored to learn the entire thing however i feel you can add some value. Bravo !

10. divorce lawyers in kansas Says:

I agree with your details, wonderful publish.

11. Aundrea Conforto Says:

Just proves the old adage. Its an ill wind that blows no good. Madam, theres no such thing as a tough child if you parboil them first for seven hours, they always come out tender.

12. Pell Grant Eligibility Says:

Hi, I just put together a Squidoo Page about receiving approval for the FAFSA Pell Grant. I was maybe . . . kind of hoping you wouldn’t mind if I put a link here, if you have a look at the site you can see it is not spammy at all, & I would personally be glad to post your scholastic related content as well.

13. Lien Axe Says:

I think this is among the most vital info for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But wanna remark on few general things, The site style is great, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers

14. suspende by ebay Says:

Did eBay suspend your account? I am suspended for absolutely no reason! I misplaced all of my income, my business had been online dependent. I needed to discover a solution. By the end I am again for real.