Trivia

June 25th, 2004 by MrLuxuryFashionGuru

Random things I’ve learnt so far:

1) Those fields of what I originally thought was wheat or corn or something are actually *sugarcane*.  Now, I’ve seen (and consumed) lots of sugarcane previously, but because of the way I’d always seen them in hawker centers (stripped of leaves and ready of the juicer), I’d always asumed they looked like bamboo in the wild, with exposed stems and sparse leaves.  Apparently not.

2) Couscous is made from corn meal.  This one has puzzled me for a while now.  I still don’t know how it’s made exactly, but let’s take things one step at a time.

3) It’s much easier, as a foreign intern, to attend fairly high level meetings and interact with senior government officials, than it is in your own home country (or at least just in Singapore).

9 Responses to “Trivia”

1. Doug Says:

Hey, Jason. Glad to know you’re having a good and rewarding time in South Africa. I just wanted to let you (and everyone else you reads the blog) that the country and city codes on the phone number you gave are 27, and 39… not 027 and 039… I tried to call earlier but couldn’t get through. Anyway, ttyl!

2. Neil Says:

thanks, Doug

3. cathy smith Says:

Nice trivia you got there. I also have mine, don’t you know that the cold water will harden the fats that you eat inside your intestine? Once you drink cold water, the fats will not be dissolve instead, it will stock in your stomach.
    And here is another one, don’t you know that avocado is an amazing fruit? Avocados are loaded with nutrients well beyond vitamin C. One quarter of a medium avocado:

* Has only 80 calories
    * Provides 3 grams of dietary fiber
    * Is a rich source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fat
    * Contains certain nutrients (known as phytochemicals) that may help lower cholesterol and protect against cataracts
    * Has no cholesterol or sodium
    * Is a good source of potassium, folic acid and B vitamins
    * Contains less than half the fat and calories of an equal amount of butter, mayonnaise or cheese.

___________________

cutie_tech123
    I challenge you to a game of trivia! Click here to battle against me online at ConQUIZtador. Let’s see who’s the winner… https://www.conquiztador.com/?a=26041

4. shopping codes Says:

Hello, I was just reading your post; On The Move… » Blog Archive » Trivia. I don’t know if you have seen it or any of your readers but there is a new free shopping application that makes it easy to find the best internet price on any item. I got it last Wednesday for free and it still is I am sure.

5. Ian Green Says:

You ought to essentially think about getting engaged on growing this weblog into a major authority in this market. You evidently have a grasp of the topics everyone is trying to find on this web site in any case and you would actually even earn a buck or two off of some advertisements. I’d discover following recent subjects and raising the amount of write ups you put up and I guarantee you’d begin seeing some amazing focused traffic in the near future. Just a thought, good luck in whatever you do!

6. Dianne McTavish Says:

I know this isn’t precisely on topic, however i’ve a web site using the identical program as you and i get troubles with my comments displaying. Is there a setting i am lacking? Perhaps it’s possible you’ll help me out? thanx.

7. Nicky Oppenheim Says:

hi,it was very nice reading your page,very well informative,thank you

8. Autóalkatrész Bolt Says:

Check this out……

[…] that is the end of this article. Here you’ll find some sites that we think you’ll appreciate, just click the links over[…]…

9. free song downloads for ipod Says:

Great website……

[…]we like to honor many other internet sites on the web, even if they aren’t linked to us, by linking to them. Under are some webpages worth checking out[…]…