Sunday in the Park…

June 19th, 2005 by MrLuxuryFashionGuru

…with Elizabeth and Victoria.  St. James’ Park, that is, just a brief jaunt away from Westminster Chapel, where I attended morning services.

Not to be confused with Westminster Abbey.  This church was established in 1840 and is just a stone’s throw from the gates of Buckingham Palace.  I was recommended this church by my church in Singapore via my family.  A warm, lively church.

Westminster Chapel interior (19 Jun 2005)

“>

It’s been really sunny and warm in London, which has most locals complaining, and indeed air-conditioning is unheard of here.  Ok, pictures!

A detail shot of the huge fountain in front of the palace.  You can see the Union Jack fluttering above Buckingham in the background.  Observe how swelteringly sunny it is – not a photographic effect!

In front of Buckingham Palace (19 Jun 2005)

“>

One of the few shots you’re going to see of me since I’m mostly travelling on my own:

I opted not to pay the 6GBP to enter the Queen’s Gallery (the current exhibition is of Dutch paintings – Rembrandt, Vermeer et al), although I spent 5GBP buying postcards for our Masterpiece collection.  Some tourist took this shot since I was by myself.

Standing before Buckingham Palace (19 Jun 2005)

“>

And of course, those famous palace guards, probably fainting in the heat in those get-ups.  Overheard from tourists observing the scene: “They really look kind of like turkeys.  I wonder if the Queen secretly laughs at them.”

Taken through the iron fence around the palace as some detail change-over was happening.  The drill was actually pretty sloppy and unimpressive, certainly not at parade standard.  Still, I got my postcard shot, corny text and everything.

Royal Palace Guards (19 Jun 2005)

“>

And yesterday I went to Camden market, another one of London’s many lovely street markets.  This one was exactly like a slightly posher Chatuchak, seriously.  I had excellent Chinese food, including (gasp) the first Singapore noodles I’ve ever had overseas that actually tasting precisely like something from Singapore (it was just fried bee hoon, none of this weird curry-powder stuff).  And it turns out there’s a big Aldo outlet store right outside the Tube station.  I bought three pairs for less than 30GBP!  That’s unbeatable, certainly half the price of on-sale Aldo shoes in the US.  And that includes 17.5% VAT!  (which means each pair was about US15).

I *heart* London.

Happy Father’s Day!!

82 Responses to “Sunday in the Park…”

1. SchoolSex Says:

Properly crafted article, and i additionally at the moment recognized of which a number of groupings are more willing compared to people (because everybody is exclusive) would certainly reveal exactly the same notion. I hope you save this blog working well.

2. Roofing NJ Says:

Whats up, In my opinion that the blogging site is very fascinating. Thanks for writing all of these informations. I came across it on google and i believe I will revisit soon. All the best !!

3. Azzara Says:

Pornografische Filme sind die audiovisuelle Realisation der Pornografie (vom griechischen porne = Hure, graphein = schreiben) im Medium Film. Pornografie wird oft definiert als unmittelbare und deutliche Darstellung menschlicher Sexualität und primärer Geschlechtsorgane, die die sexuelle Stimulierung des Konsumenten zum Ziel hat.

4. global information network Says:

Of course I like your web site, but you need to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome to tell you. On the other hand I will certainly come again again!

5. coach outlet Says:

hi there your own site is really excellent.be grateful for everyone for people advise.

6. diyarbakir Says:

thank you very much. I was looking for it

7. high potassium causes Says:

It is tough to discover educated males and females on this topic, however you seem like you realize anything you could be talking about! Thanks

8. John Wright Says:

I preserve listening to the information talk about getting free on-line grant applications so I’ve been looking around for the perfect website to get one.

9. kadın Says:

10. Mimar Says:

Quality blog, also thanks to quality content

11. http://forums.entechtaiwan.com/index.php?action=profile;u=106526 Says:

Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Very helpful info specially the last part 🙂 I care for such information much. I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.

12. Hangi Parti Says:

Hangi Partiyi seçeceksiniz?

13. Hangi Parti Says:

Hangi partiyi seçeceksiniz

14. sohbet Says:

tskler??

15. Strength Tattoos Says:

I do not suppose that you just might be following up this post with yet another one particular? I really like what you wrote here, but I’d love to get much more information.

16. hotel langham Says:

May be you are right.I think it is a good archive.Thank you!

17. Ossa Says:

18. Mimar Osman Says:

Man I love your article and it is so good and I am gonna save it. One thing to say the Superb analysis you have done is trully remarkable.Who goes that extra mile these days? Well Done!! Just one more suggestion you shouldget a Translator Application for your Worldwide Audience !!

19. jojo mobil keluarga terbaik di indonesia Says:

i wish i can go there..hope next year my dreams come true

20. Felicitas F. Says:

Howdy! I realize this is kind of off-topic but I needed to ask. Does running a well-established blog like yours take a massive amount work? I am brand new to blogging but I do write in my diary daily. I’d like to start a blog so I will be able to share my experience and thoughts online. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or tips for new aspiring blog owners. Thankyou!

21. DrumSander Says:

Thanks a ton for stating your opinions. Being a writer, I am always in need of unique and different solutions to think about a topic. I actually uncover fantastic creativity in doing this. Many thanks.

22. online teaching jobs Says:

Wait, thats not how you spell dumbining! Wait, thats not even a word!

23. Dusty Tillman Says:

Is there a way to keep track of blogs like this one?

24. mulberry bags Says:

I will be very enjoyed for this site. Its an informative subject matter. It help me quite definitely to solve some troubles. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working design so speedy. I think it may be help almost everyone. Many thanks.

25. mulberry outlet sale Says:

We are very enjoyed for this web site. Its an informative subject matter. It help me greatly to solve some difficulties. Its opportunity are therefore fantastic and working model so speedy. I think it may be help almost everyone. Many thanks.

26. lesbian dating toronto Says:

Hi! I’ve been following your site for some time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood Tx! Just wanted to mention keep up the great work!

27. Vernia Says:

Wonderful facts! I have been previously trying to find something like this for a little bit now. Thanks for your insight!

28. cumberbun Says:

Hey very nice website!! Man .. Excellent .. Amazing .. I’ll bookmark your web site and take the feeds also…I am happy to find a lot of useful info here in the post, we need work out more strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

29. undelete deleted files Says:

Heya this is kinda of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding skills so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

30. Tyrone Siggers Says:

A standard stroller is the most widespread kind. It has four wheels and a sturdy frame. Most regular strollers have reclining seats that enable using exactly the same unit for your child from infant to toddler. Strollers that convert to auto seats are convenient for traveling. The stroller should have high quality suspension to help keep your baby’s ride comfy and smooth.

31. Colby Melandez Says:

You are my inspiration, I have few blogs and sometimes run out from brand :). “To die for a religion is easier than to live it absolutely.” by Jorge Luis Borges.

32. Octavio Vullo Says:

Just curious, found you on a google search, how’d you rank so high?