A Fresh Start

May 5th, 2006 by MrLuxuryFashionGuru

I finally got elected to the Crimson today, which isn’t really that big a deal, considering: (a) it simply means I finished my comp, which I started three years ago; (b) although I now get the “Editor” byline and swipecard access to the Crimson building, I’m not actually in charge of anything or have any additional obligations; (c) I may not write anything more for FM or the Crimson, given how little time and motivation I have left.  But anyway, it was pretty cool to finally finish something I started freshman year*, and to join the ranks of elected editors stretching back to 1873.  Incidentally I am _so proud_ of myself for miraculously answering all the questions correctly based on nothing but fortuitous trivia-absorbance, some of it stemming from my disastrous showing during FM’s version of the interrogation.  Thank you, God 🙂

And you’ll notice that I’ve changed the layout of this blog drastically.  Harvard bought some new blog server, apparently, so I’ve made the switch to WordPress, their new platform.  There are some things I like, and some I really find bothersome.  In particular, I’m bugged by the seeming impossibility of configuring the sidebars to display what I want them to show…  Anyone familiar with wordpress who can help?  I’ve hunted on the “documentation” site but I can’t even tell how to open up and edit any of the stylesheets or whatever they’re called.  Also, I can’t seem to find any way of looking up visitor statistics of any kind.  Alright, enough complaining, I just wanted to explain the change.

Right now, despite having loads and loads of urgent work piling up (a final project and a final paper draft due Monday, coding results due Tuesday etc. etc. etc.), I am looking for something fun to do.  I wish I’d made plans earlier.

Perhaps I’ll go to the gym.

*I can’t escape the feeling that my college-life is coming to an end too quickly, what with having my senior yearbook portrait taken this week and then also completing one of my freshman goals.

8 Responses to “A Fresh Start”

1. shopping statistics Says:

Hello, I was just reading your post; On The Move… » Blog Archive » A Fresh Start. I don’t know if you have seen it or any of your readers but there is a new free shopping application that makes it easy to find the best internet price on any item. I got it last Tuesday for free and it still is I am sure.

2. lego creator Says:

Simply want to say your article is as tonishing. The clarity in your post is simply striking and i can assume you are an expert on this field. Well with your permission allow me to grab your rss feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the sound work.

3. Joan Smith Says:

I know this isn’t precisely on subject, but i’ve a website using the same program as you and i am getting troubles with my comments displaying. Is there a setting i’m missing? Perhaps chances are you’ll assist me out? thanx.

4. Dianne McTavish Says:

Simply killing some in between classes, on Digg and I discovered your article . Not normally what I prefer to read about, but it was completely worth my time. Thanks.

5. SEO in Lincoln NE Says:

Wow…..

I really appreciate this post. I’ve been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You’ve made my day! Thx again! “Every time we remember to say thank you, we experience nothing less than heaven on earth.” by Sarah Ban Breathnac…

6. buy & sell jobs Says:

Hiya…..

Nice read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch since I found it for him smile Therefore let me rephrase that: Thank you for lunch! “They may forget what you said, but they will n…

7. florist mcallen Says:

Hi…..

I have recently started a site, the information you offer on this site has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work. “It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” by Sir Winston …

8. diy humidor Says:

Hello…..

Thanks for sharing superb informations. Your web-site is very cool. I am impressed by the details that you’ve on this blog. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for extra articles. You, my pal, …