The last working Monday

June 5th, 2006 by MrLuxuryFashionGuru

Very unexpectedly, I am rushing to see the completion of multiple essays….  and not for myself.  I can’t go into details, but this whole situation comes as quite a shock, in more ways than one.  How did it come to this?  I don’t know.  I pray it gets done, at least the bare minimum.  And not for my sake at all.

In the meantime, it’s been a really lovely weekend spent away from campus in New York.  A couple of days were spent on the Dins’ whirlwind Albany Tour.  Five engagements in one day, starting with an 8am call and going to 10.30pm.  Five gigs in one day.  That’s a new record.  It was loads of fun though, and pretty cool, from the half-hour NPR radion program to the Legal Aid benefit (where they had planned an entire Dins-themed event with lime-green balloons and G&T hampers) to the Confirmation service where the group gave its best rendition of My Lord in memory.

Then I hurried off to Manhattan to join Ming at the W hotel (lovely location and lobby, even if the rooms don’t quite live up to the hype).  We saw The Pajama Game starring Harry Connick Jr., who was simply marvellous, and matched by an impressive cast of talented singers and dancers.  A great production indeed.  Catch it before its current run ends in two weeks.

I also made it to B&J Trim, where I spent the better part of the afternoon picking out an outrageously difficult, fiddly and costly selection of trim, lace, ribbon, fringe and buttons in various complementary shades of antique gold for the brown cashmere military-inspired dress-jacket I’m planning for the Fall.  It all took so long that I didn’t even manage to make it to M&J Fabric for the actual double-faced cashmere.  I suppose I’ll just have to pick it up in London along with the Prince-of-Wales check wool I need for the fur-trimmed long coat that’s also amongst my plans.

Overall I had a fabulous time, rain and cold notwithstanding.  Thank you, Ming 🙂

I have an absurdly full Monday ahead of me.  Drycleaners, T-mobile store and post office; Prof Hardin’s office, sleep-study clinic, Dins rehearsal and admissions office info session; and then the Lodge Communication this evening followed by the Miss Pitch bachelorette party…

I know I’ve missed things out, but one can only do so much, right?

9 Responses to “The last working Monday”

1. micckil Says:

try it best .

2. Pregnant Gal Says:

OMG – That was a amazing post. Thanks for writing

3. Tangela Lorz Says:

I’m still learning from you, but I’m making my way to the top as well. I certainly liked reading all that is posted on your site.Keep the information coming. I liked it

4. Dianne McTavish Says:

Now you’ve your new web page and you’re keen to begin making some gross sales! But, how are you going to make sales when you will not have high volumes of visitors to your web site?

5. Aurora Kumalaa Says:

I used to be very pleased to seek out this internet-site.I needed to thanks for your time for this wonderful learn!! I definitely enjoying each little little bit of it and I’ve you bookmarked to take a look at new stuff you blog post.

6. Air jordan 6 Says:

So wonderful post.I am bursting to leave a comment.I am also a fan of “fashion”,you are an example to all of us.Thank you for teaching me so much.Good job.

7. Hermila Wyze Says:

If this were a widespread phenomenon, wouldn’t we experience it examined more in traditional media? We commonly only get this stuff on the internet.

8. Janet Says:

During a recent PASSWORD AUDIT by my bank, they found that I was using the following password:

MickeyMinniePlutoHueyLouieDeweyDonaldGoofyDublin

When they asked me why I had such a long password

I replied
    ”Are you bloomin’ stupid? I was told that my password had to
    be at least 8 characters long and include one capital”

9. Online LMS Says:

Happy as a Clam…

Am joyous that I found this – thank you….