First stop entry

June 10th, 2006 by MrLuxuryFashionGuru

Here I am in Dublin, and I’m going to try and make this quick so I can minimise the amount of time I spend sitting in this Internet cafe and go hit the streets to look around.

Aside from the ginormously painful, expensive affair that move-out was (I even had to miss the first 7am call/gig entirely), things have been going fairly smoothly.  I was completely knocked-out on the flight to Frankfurt, where we had a four hour layover; I’m a little annoyed at having slept through dinner on the flight, but I made up for it with many bags of Haribo candy 🙂

Earlier today we sang our first gig of the tour, at a very strange interfaith peace conference of some description, and between the jet lag, sore limbs (too much hand-carry luggage!!) and complete lack of warming-up, I think we sounded a little weak.  On the way back to the Dublin university residences that we’re staying at, I noted that so far the trip still feels like just another Din roadtrip to Connecticut or Maine…  I was looking out the window at the Dublin suburb we were going through and thinking, “I can’t wait to get back to Quincy; Is this Allston, MA?”

The Irish accent is both really pretty, and also often indecipherable 🙂

IMPORTANT:  There is a great little group blog that’s been set up for the Dins and they’re loved ones.  Bookmark the page: Dins v. The World

2 Responses to “First stop entry”

1. World Travel Says:

I just searched for world travel and Got your Page.Your Post On The Move… » Blog Archive » First stop entry is really Nice.Pl. Keep posting on world travel.

2. Remedios Riberdy Says:

Hi I like this comment and it is so fabulous and I am definetly going to save it. One thing to say the Superb analysis you have done is trully remarkable.No one goes that extra mile these days? Well Done! Just one more suggestion you shouldget a Translator Application for your Worldwide Readers …