The New York runways

February 3rd, 2007 by MrLuxuryFashionGuru

The first day of NYC menswear shows for FW07/08 were today and overall nothing terribly exciting happened. 

Rag and Bone presented the most tightly edited show (just 19 looks), with few missteps, I think.  I love their “Nelson” waistcoats, especially since I had an almost identical one tailored for me two years ago. 

John Bartlett’s clothes had the best polished finish of the lot.  The Perry Ellis Signature show was really dull, and didn’t seem to have a sharp editorial point to make  And finally the Duckie Brown show displayed some creative potential with a few strong ideas (that one plaid coat comes to mind), but fairly poor execution overall (those suits! ugh…) and a remarkable incoherence for just 26 looks (no, a couple of pop-color wigs, gloves and beanies are NOT enough to tie a show together).

Anyway, it’s not like we didn’t know that American menswear is one increasingly unadventurous (and poorly executed) yawn.  Hopefully there will be something better to report over the next few days.

The ads in the Adidas boutique round the corner look suspiciously like the current (and long-running) Lacoste ads…  hmmmn.

I can now watch HDTV on my pc!  The quality is unbelievable!

9 Responses to “The New York runways”

1. Daniel Silver Says:

Thanks so much for taking the tiime to write about our collection.
    We would love to invite you down to our studio the next time you are in New York – and perhaps we can take you through the collection so you can have a beter understanding of what you saw.

With regard to “those suits”, we believe it’s just a matter of training your eye to think about a different silouhette, which we offer to our fashion forward customers. Certainly Cathy Horyn from the NY Times thought they were fresh and modern – check out her blog on the NY Times website.

Best,
    Daniel
    DUCKIE BROWN

2. Fashion Gloves Says:

I found your resource via Google on Friday while searching for fashion gloves and your post regarding On The Move… » Blog Archive » The New York runways looked very interesting to me. I just wanted to write to say that you have a great site and a wonderful resource for all to share.

3. Julie Cannel Says:

OMG! That is a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing

4. fashion forward Says:

One of my client forwarded your post On The Move… » Blog Archive » The New York runways to me. Truely Speaking I Don’t read Articles too Often. But Yours is a nice one.Pl. Keep posting on fashion forward.

5. Cindy @ Adidas Boutique Says:

Hi there, just doing some research for my Adidas site. Lots of information out there. Wasn’t exactly what I was looking for, but great site. Cya later.

6. Sammy Caricofe Says:

Man I like your comment and it was so informational and I am definetly going to save it. I Have to say the Superb analysis you have done is greatly remarkable.No one goes that extra mile these days? Well Done!!! Just one more suggestion you shouldget a Translator for your Global Readers .

7. Air jordan 23 Says:

Your articles and photos are really shock me. The pen can be a weapon! You are a talented writer with a pen, and maybe you will be a great politician with the power given from citizens.

8. Justin Dito Says:

Your real dedication to getting the message all-around came to be certainly insightful and have constantly empowered women much like me to realize their dreams.

9. Darren Says:

During a recent PASSWORD AUDIT by my bank, they found that I was using the following password:

MickeyMinniePlutoHueyLouieDeweyDonaldGoofyDublin

When they asked me why I had such a long password

I replied
    ”Are you bloomin’ stupid? I was told that my password had to
    be at least 8 characters long and include one capital”