Cybercrime Trends: an Exploration of Ad-Fraudsters Communities
Abstract/ highlights of the paper
- • This is one of the first studies documenting the way ad-fraud communities innovate and create value for their criminal customers.
- • A multimethod approach was applied for data collection, integrating qualitative and quantitative assessment of six cybercriminal communities.
- • Specialized ad-fraud communities provided a wealth of knowledge and incremental innovations in ad-frauds.
- • General and customer-oriented ad-fraud communities showcased the most internal interactions, as well as exhibiting better performance and growth.
- • General and customer-oriented ad-fraud communities have developed specific capabilities, focusing on innovation through artificial intelligence, which fuels customer engagement and fosters (criminal) attractiveness.
Richet, J.-L. 2022. “How Cybercriminal Communities Grow and Change: An Investigation of Ad-Fraud Communities,” Technological Forecasting and Social Change (174), p. 121282. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2021….)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.