Page Count 7

October 8: 82 pages

I had a bad week. Couldn’t get anything done. My plan to catch up Friday only resulted in typing up the few pages I’d handwritten in NYC last weekend and adding a little bit. Yesterday we cooked and had a friend over and had a great time, but I did no writing.

But there’s always a new day. I went to Starbucks and to school and finished up a brand-new chapter. 8 pages. Now I’m 4 pages behind the Fall count, because of the week I took off, but I’m making it up in 2 weeks when there’s no classes at school. I feel a lot better, and I think this new chapter is really good. Phew.
I’m a little unsure of keeping the page counts going because now that I’ve redone the plot, I have several dozen pages that will have to get cut because they no longer fit. But I think the right thing to do is keep it all, even the stuff that seems like it’s the wrong plot, until I get to 275. 275 won’t mean I have a finished book, it’ll mean I put in a novel-sized effort and came up with almost all the raw material. After that I can fix it into something pretty. Anyway, I think that’s OK.

1 Comment to Page Count 7

1. Celia says:

Good job!