Skip to content

Live Radio Again: Listen In! Call In!

The more things change…

So here I am at Minnesota Public Radio in St. Paul, the home of Garrison Keillor and the parent of “Marketplace. ”  Starting on Monday morning, February 9 (9 a.m. Central, 10 a.m. Eastern) I will be hosting MPR’s live call-in “Midmorning” show.

In the first hour on Monday, we will be second-guessing President Bush’s inquiry into the intelligence gap around Iraq’s WMDs, with the Melvin Goodman, formerly CIA, and Walter Pincus of the Washington Post.

In the second hour, we’ll be visiting Mars with Ken Croswell, the lyrical astronomer who puts the Hubble telescope on your coffee table.  He blew us away five years ago with his “Magnificent Universe,” and he’s done it again with “Magnificent Mars.”

This is an experimental gig for the next month or so.  Part of the experiment for me is to see whether you’ll listen on MPR’s live stream and call to the conversation.

Go to the Midmorning page here and follow your nose to the listening instructions.  Then call toll-free: 1-800-0242-2828 and give us your best shot.

For a lot of us, it should feel like old times with a new Internet dimension.  I’ll do my damndest to make it sing.  See you on the radio!

{ 31 } Comments

1. Anonymous | February 8, 2004 at 9:45 am | Permalink

Welcome to Saint Paul, Chris. I have the good fortune to be friends with both Jon Cahill (we worked on some book ideas together) and Katherine Lanpher. I even appeared on Midmorning years ago when Paula Schaeffer/Schroeder? was host.

Jon suggested we have a cup of coffee sometime, and that sounds good to me. I know where all the bodies are buried at MPR — a trunkful of dirt! If this has appeal — give me a call at 651-644-4540 … or mfinley@mfinley.com.

2. Anonymous | February 9, 2004 at 1:56 am | Permalink

Round and round and round the web spins: I found myself curious to see if there was any news about Spaulding Gray out there. I Google his name, come across a link that takes me to a lamenting essay on John Perry Barlow’s site  barlow.typepad.com). I scroll down the page and do a double take at a familar name. I click the link and find out my favorite old Pub-Rad cowboy is back in the saddle, just 6 hours before he mounts up!

Well, I’ll join the experiment by pulling down the webcast as often as I can. And I’ll spread the word with folks back in hubworld.

3. Anonymous | February 9, 2004 at 10:14 am | Permalink

Listened to most of the first hour. It was refreshing to hear from callers who weren’t buying some of the things that seem obvious to you and I. Minnesota’s not a “red” state is it? I look forward to listening to you talk with the midwest, and I think you can do it. I wish you could have spent more time drawing out the caller who thought that if the leader hates us it’s enough for us to invade.

4. Anonymous | February 9, 2004 at 10:30 am | Permalink

Christopher,

I listened to the first hour on my way to work, and I have to say, fantastic job so far!

5. Anonymous | February 11, 2004 at 11:05 am | Permalink

What a bonus! I was just listening to The Connection a few days ago and lamenting how it had gone downhill since you left. I even posted on WBUR’s boards that they need to bring you back. And you’re on the air again! Radio hasn’t been the same since you left. Can’t wait to check out Midmorning. Might be tough to listen while working, but I may have to find a way to record it over the net.

6. Anonymous | July 8, 2005 at 9:28 am | Permalink

meridia http://www.bestrxpills.com

7. Anonymous | July 23, 2005 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

A heap of wheat, says the Song of Songs
    but I’ve never seen wheat in a pile 🙂
    did you like it?

8. Anonymous | July 24, 2005 at 6:40 pm | Permalink

Nice one, but what about der weg ? anywya, congrats from me.

9. Anonymous | August 18, 2005 at 11:08 pm | Permalink

News on every hour. http://www.bignews.com

10. Anonymous | September 5, 2005 at 10:23 am | Permalink

Boxing Ticket

11. Anonymous | September 7, 2005 at 11:19 am | Permalink

Dying Manners

12. Anonymous | September 27, 2005 at 6:23 am | Permalink

Free Gallery

13. Anonymous | March 19, 2006 at 10:56 am | Permalink

Very nice and informative website.

14. Anonymous | April 29, 2006 at 8:25 am | Permalink

Very nice website with a lot of informative response from members

15. Anonymous | September 4, 2006 at 7:37 am | Permalink

Very good site, I like it. My is also nice one. Car insurance quote

16. zxevil160 | March 12, 2008 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

qY9ete U cool ))

17. Marina | January 26, 2009 at 7:10 pm | Permalink

Great blog! Too bad that there isn’t any more updates!

18. RickVallen | March 13, 2009 at 8:43 am | Permalink

Great job !

19. marketing | November 15, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

Hello, thanks have this great sharing about Live Radio Again hosting MPR’s live call-in “Midmorning” show, really an event plume

20. Mercado de Divisas | April 5, 2011 at 11:16 am | Permalink

Great post, thanks for sharing, it is very good for me. Mercado de Divisas

21. news maker | May 12, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Permalink

In my “Political Observation” above, I’d like to clarify: when I say the “True Believers” are concentrating on picking the “best candidate”, I really should have said “the candidate who would make the best president, regardless of electability.”

22. dizi | May 15, 2011 at 10:58 am | Permalink

For a lot of us, it should feel like old times with a new Internet dimension. I’ll do my damndest to make it sing. See you on the radio!

23. chanel wallets | May 17, 2011 at 4:36 am | Permalink

Then, when you decide to purchase some designerhandbags from them, they ask you to send them money via a method that is not traceable or reversible – check, money order, etc. So a few weeks pass by, you start to wonder and then worry where your handbags are. You try to contact them and guess what, they’re off to the next scam.

24. chanel handbags replica | May 17, 2011 at 4:40 am | Permalink

I can tell you it is nearly impossible to get a real Louis Vuitton handbag to resell- you can get some vintage handbags to resell, but watch out because chances are you bought one really good Chinese imitation – there are a lot of fakes Louis Vuitton handbags out there!

25. fake chanel purses | May 17, 2011 at 4:43 am | Permalink

If a site claims that they carry authentic LV its most likely a Louis Vuitton handbag scam. I bet you didn’t know that there is only one authorized store online that sells authentic Louis Vuitton handbags? Yup, ONE! If you buy Louis Vuitton from any other online source, it is more than likely that you are buying a very high-quality knock-off.

26. knock off louis vuitton | May 17, 2011 at 4:48 am | Permalink

Now, you can either invest a lot of time and money into years of research, like many have done, or you can save the trial and error by following some simple guidelines to avoid falling prey to the Louis Vuitton designer handbag scam.

27. Morgan | September 1, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

It seems that “what goes around, comes around” in life, and your post is a good example of that axiom. Talk about the good ‘ole days of radio, conjures up visions of families sitting around the living room, listening to their favorite show on the radio. But that was a time when radio was about the only option for entertainment. Sometimes I think it might be nice to go back to those times. Unfortunately life doesn’t work that way, so we need to just take the good from it and move forward. Your post shows that shows of that type would still be popular in today’s society.

28. Hoc hat Karaoke | September 5, 2011 at 5:46 am | Permalink

The caller who said that we haven’t had the show be this good in about a year was correct. The way you handled the caller who just wanted to read his talking points was great; other recent hosts would’ve just let him ramble on and on. Tks so much!

29. Clearpores | September 13, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

I wish I’d read this post a long time ago.

30. Eric | September 19, 2011 at 10:47 am | Permalink

Can’t believe I missed this interview, I have followed Christopher Lydon for a while. I hope I can catch the next one.

31. jobs in health care | January 6, 2012 at 3:25 am | Permalink

Intereses con Prestamos…

{ 1 } Trackback

1. | 0-elife.com | October 20, 2011 at 12:54 am | Permalink

[…] http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/lydondev/2004/02/06/live-radio-again-listen-in-call-in-2/ […]